Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Manufacturer websites not current?

It amazes me that some of the Class B manufacturers don't keep up their websites. Both Roadtrek and Pleasure Way still show 2014 models and the new Promaster models are not even shown at all! In this day there just isn't any excuse for this poor marketing.
Yes this on this forum we have access to more information but for the average Joe looking at the websites he will not find anything on the new models.
I see this all the time in my industry too. Companies use facebook and other social media to show new products and the website is always last to get updated. I hate social media sites and I avoid them. I think the companies may be missing out on considerable sales due to the delays in website updates.
CyclingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Manufacturer websites not current?

Yep, and the information you get from the social media sites is often filtered, sometimes severely, to suit whomever is running it. I look at some of the Facebook sites occasionally, and they often are "ours are best" mutual worship with no useful information, and heavily populated by the hyper socials.

If you happen to live a long ways from the dealers for the brands you want to research and there are not shows in your area, the websites are about it and should be up to date and complete. On many sites the specifications section is getting smaller and less detailed as time goes on.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Safari Condo seems to keep their site current. Maybe Airstream also. Winnebago is really good at it.
Pleasure-Way's new site should be available soon and at least their 2015 brochure is available.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:18 AM   #4
Site Team

GWV is still showing 2014, too.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote