Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Marko in Texas?

We are in Galveston Island State Park, and just saw a GMC van go by. Fiberglass roof, AC out the rear door window, bikes on the back. Regular length, I think. It was white, don't remember what color Marko has.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Marko in Texas?

Yes, white .............. I better go look in the garage to make sure it is still there!
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I'm very jealous right now being B-less and not on the road. Galveston is a place we've been numerous times. Last spring we stayed at the county RV park at the end of the sea wall because the weekly rate was cheaper without the daily state park fee even though it was a full hookup site. We have stayed at the state park a few times and we stayed in one of those big luxurious three story beach houses between the state park and the city that my cousin owns.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Which way are you headed Booster? We are slowly making our way to TX, I think. Watch for the mural of a big snarling brown bear with the words "Alaska the last frontier" on the rear spare tire cover, run us down and we'll have a stubby and you can tell me about electronics I need. Safe travels.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49er
Which way are you headed Booster? We are slowly making our way to TX, I think. Watch for the mural of a big snarling brown bear with the words "Alaska the last frontier" on the rear spare tire cover, run us down and we'll have a stubby and you can tell me about electronics I need. Safe travels.
We will be heading straight north on Friday. I 35 all the way to Minneapolis. We have been out nearly 7 weeks, and it seems like we just started.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Any must see things on the southern side? We also are on about 7 weeks and the time is flying by, looking forward to the Texas area for some reason, maybe the BBQ is why. Hope the problems were few and good times many, enjoy the rest of your trip.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

The State Capitol in Austin is a nice afternoon of wandering around. We've never had any issues with parking there and we've been to it twice. The first time we were there they were in the midst of remodeling and parts of it were closed off. It was also just after statewide elections and they were redoing many offices and work areas (assuming that's the correct term for what politicians say they do all day?). The city itself has lots of nice areas.
Texas is so damn big it's a good day's drive from one side to the other along I-10. Or north south along I-35 for that matter. We've been through it a few times, and there's a lot to see.
There's a small yuppie town called Fredericksburg that's near Austin and we want to get back there some time to see what it's all about. Looked interesting. Bastrop is also a nice little stop. It's southeast of Austin towards Houston. It got messed up a couple of years ago. They got hit with the terrible drought and wildfires on top of that. We want to get back there sometime, but it won't likely be until next Spring. Nice locals. Friendly. Met lady with a pet pot bellied pig. She was at the Starbucks when we saw her and had to say hello. Nice folks.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Fredericksburg is a German heritage town in the Texas Hill Country with a few restaurants that serve some good German food. There are the usual tourists shops along a few blocks on the main street. There are some museums there as well - mainly the WWII Pacific War Campaign Museum. Of course nearby is the Lyndon B. Johnson ranch, state park, town, and the museum in Austin if you are into American presidents. What you might find most interesting is Luckenbach, Texas, a small unincorporated town that is not really a town but a collection of buildings including a post office. They have live entertainment there. It is just east of Fredericksburg. That could be the yuppie place or place remembered by Baby Boomers country western music.

You can even sit on this live longhorn bull, Tumbleweed, and have your picture taken.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote