Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #81
Platinum Member

I was parked today at the MB dealership next to a Sprinter that, according to the service manager, was driven by an expediter for 702K miles. It needs a new engine, transmission and axle...not worth repairing. Owner probably not complaining.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:40 PM   #82

Our Sprinter has all you mentioned, lane assist, blind spot warning, etc. Knock on wood, no problems with anything. The original oem tires wore out fairly quickly (30,000 mi) but other than that ....
skier1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #83

I have a 2016 Winnebago ERA on a 3500 MB chassis and I just turned 30K miles with absolutely no problems to date. I attribute this to the following:

1. I changed the oil and oil filter every 10K miles rather then the factory recommended 20K miles intervals and I use a premium grade fully synthetic oil.

2. I change the fuel filter at 10K miles rather than the factory recommended 20k mile intervals. Same for the air filter.

3. After every trip I top off my DEF tank and NEVER wait for the idiot light message warning to come on, informing me of a low tank. My DEF tank is never low.

I have been very please with the Mercedes Benz Sprinter van and absolutely love it. I truly think it is the "Porsche of Class B vans". I just got back from doing a West Coast run from SoCal to Seattle. I drove the coast up and the I-5 back home. On the I-5 coming home through central California, which is pretty boring, I was literally driving 80 mph for hours on end.

I live in SoCal and have no problems getting dealer service on my Sprinter nor do I ever have any problems finding diesel at gas stations as just about every gas station has a at least a couple of pumps that have diesel.

I think the MB Sprinter vans are far superior to the cheaper FWD Ford Transit and Ram Vans. You get what you pay for?
ClassB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:41 AM   #84
Platinum Member

Default I agree.....as long as you keep up with maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB View Post
I have a 2016 Winnebago ERA on a 3500 MB chassis and I just turned 30K miles with absolutely no problems to date. I attribute this to the following:

1. I changed the oil and oil filter every 10K miles rather then the factory recommended 20K miles intervals and I use a premium grade fully synthetic oil.

2. I change the fuel filter at 10K miles rather than the factory recommended 20k mile intervals. Same for the air filter.

3. After every trip I top off my DEF tank and NEVER wait for the idiot light message warning to come on, informing me of a low tank. My DEF tank is never low.

I have been very please with the Mercedes Benz Sprinter van and absolutely love it. I truly think it is the "Porsche of Class B vans". I just got back from doing a West Coast run from SoCal to Seattle. I drove the coast up and the I-5 back home. On the I-5 coming home through central California, which is pretty boring, I was literally driving 80 mph for hours on end.

I live in SoCal and have no problems getting dealer service on my Sprinter nor do I ever have any problems finding diesel at gas stations as just about every gas station has a at least a couple of pumps that have diesel.

I think the MB Sprinter vans are far superior to the cheaper FWD Ford Transit and Ram Vans. You get what you pay for?
I purchased my 2012 Roadtrek RS Adventurous in May 2017 with 26,000 miles...
A few issues....had to replace the sewer hose ( cracked).... One of my 6 glow plugs went bad...( Replaced all 6 at once).... New tires, batteries and shocks... can't really blame the vehicle on this... effectively 6 years old....

Other things besides maintenance was the many upgrades I made.. solar panel, new navigation system and radio, cameras, backup sensors....

Oh... Mercedes Benz dealership replaced my entire emissions system under warranty at 39,000 miles...

Otherwise..it drives like a luxury SUV... Pretty quiet for a diesel....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:53 AM   #85
Platinum Member

When it comes time to replace my T1N Sprinter-based Class B, a Mercedes chassis will absolutely be my preference. Even though I enjoy the relative simplicity of my 5-cylinder turbo-diesel, I would like to have the safety features of the newest Sprinters. BTW, I'm also able to maintain a steady 80 mph on I-5, except climbing the Grapevine, where I'm one lane to the left of the slowest trucks.

I intend to drive what I already own outright for another ten years, if I can. Winters are mild here in the SF Bay Area and body rust is something that can be managed. I'm pretty sure the drivetrain is good for that long at least. The RV bits are more likely to break down than the engine.

I would like to locate a good Sprinter mechanic in the mid-Peninsula area. Anyone have a suggestion?
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #86

I have a 2018 with only 7500 miles but so far it’s comfortable, and no issues. I like mercedes products and service. They treat me the same as when I use to bring my MB sedans in for service. I like that.
Winetime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkgt View Post
You will find a lot more information on the Sprinter forum.
Where is that forum? I don't see any link. Do you mean elsewhere, at another site?
Barry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #88
Platinum Member

Probably it's this forum: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/
Lots of terrific information there!
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:56 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsprinterguy View Post
Probably it's this forum: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/
Lots of terrific information there!
Yeah, I found that and it is a good site. Thanks!
Barry B is offline   Reply With Quote