Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #21
Platinum Member

I'd say the difference in B availability between the US and Europe is because of the different demand. The average American wants BIG BIG BIG. Our roads and campgrounds are set up mainly for them - and vice-versa.

Europe is full of scenic small towns and villages with narrow winding streets and American sized Class A's and C's wouldn't even be able to fit.

We B owners in the US are a pretty small minority... but among us there are various needs and wants (and demands) that makes it hard for manufacturers to know what to possibly change from the traditional units we've had for years.

As much as we on this board throw stones at Hymer, they have provided some new options that are very different from what we are used to. The Activ is very European. They are trying to offer something cheap with the Axion and Sunlight.

Metris copies of the European Marco Polo is another new area. The floor plan/style has been available in the US for many years. GTRV has offered it on Sienna and Chrysler minivans for over 10 years. Presumably Advanced will be offering the luxury version on the Metris. Will be interesting to watch...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #22

Agreed.

Seems like it is hard to find the Marco Polo OEM cabinets and EU Vito conversion companies do not ship their nice cabinet kits to U.S. Anyone has experience with a 'forward shipping' company? Found a site called Forward2me. Apparently you shop in the UK and then ship worldwide. Maybe I can import the MP parts that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forward2Me.jpg (164.9 KB, 9 views)
kllcbosmetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #23
Platinum Member

My friends use similar company to purchase items in US to be forwarded to Sidney, but, it is not cheap. I recently purchased a table stand - Laguna from UK with delivery to US. This company HEATSO - Heating Solutions For Automotive And Marine Applications. 30% Off Dealers Prices. from UK is a well-known for NA DIY folks for purchasing Eberspacher and Webasto furnaces and parts, fast and decent prices. It would be best to find a company shipping directly to NA, but, I know many don’t. I was considering to purchase a rock& roll sofa/bed but ended up designing and making my own.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #24

For small footprint items it might be better to find a cheap flight to UK and bring whatever you need back with luggage honestly. Not sure about the cabinets though.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:13 AM   #25

Anyone considered an aftermarket sunroof to keep stealth?
Old 09-12-2017, 01:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kllcbosmetris View Post
Anyone considered an aftermarket sunroof to keep stealth?
Also curious about under mount A/C options. Anyone with experience?
Old 10-19-2019, 12:27 AM   #27

Yeah, sure. You can buy a V-class marko polo from any country you want, doesn`t matter if it auction or dealer. Tere are now a lot of companies which ship cars ecerywhere you want. I think it will cost 1200-1700$ to ship V-Class mercedes from Europe. Anyway contact www.crosscountrycarshipping.com and learn all detailes about shipping. I am sure they would help you. By their help I bought a car from the another par of US.
Muller21pr is offline   Reply With Quote