Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Met a Class B owner and got a tour

I wanted to mention that I was at the supermarket last week when I spotted a Roadtrek Agile SS backing into a space with a post behind. I helped guide the driver in so she didn't have to get out. She said her backup cam was great but didn't actually tell her how far away from the post she was, and she had a small rack back there.

Anyway, I told her my interest in picking up a Class B and we had a long talk about it all. She is not a fulltimer, but she loves it. She could have gone home but she slept in the parking lot the night before because she's so comfortable. She said she'd have loved to have taken a trip to Europe but decided to put the money toward the RV, and now she goes everywhere in this continent (5 times to Texas this year). She told me about her Solo Roadtrek crew and how supportive they all are, and about their gatherings and 'rendezvous' just to hang out and run the generator once a month.

It was great to see the inside of a Clss B actually in use as opposed to all the show models I saw at the show. She uses a checklist to help her keep things in order before she takes off, as she's prone to have left something out and hear it rolling about inside. She had her spot levels in place, including her favorite which was a little tabletop level on the counter above the fridge. She says if she's got it close to the center she knows she's good Her tall Agile has less height clearance, but she likes the extra cabinet space.

All in all it was a great visit.
kellyllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Met a Class B owner and got a tour

I know a couple with a RT 190 Versatile that had a small dog and sometimes go to a restaurant on Sundays that I eat at occasionally. One of the reasons my next rig is going to be a "B" is some of their advice. They had a pretty smart system to keep the dog comfortable. They would run the A/C and generator, and they also carried a pager in case of the temperature going above a certain level, so if one component failed, they would know about it before the dog would be cooked.

The fact that you don't have to go all the way home, but just find somewhere relatively safe to park to call it a night was mentioned as well. This made long trips a lot less stressful when one could just make a pit stop in the afternoon for a couple hours of shut-eye at a strip mall as opposed to trying to make it home when dead tired.

A RT SS is a nice motorhome. I like how the sink pulls out and goes in, which helps on bathroom space, although this is at the expense of being able to sleep with one's head away from the door if using the beds in the pseudo-twin configuration.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote