Old 08-25-2019, 04:06 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
For a long time the Ribs were the go to tires for ill handling Dodges to reduce wandering, although Defenders seem to have taken over most of it now. The Rids are hard core truck tires, probably similar to Aegis?

From the ratings Iíve read the Michelin XPS Ribs have excellent wear, but lack in wet traction. They are definitely a truck tire.

Old 08-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #12

I have the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate C tires on my 2006 158" Sprinter Rv and am happy with them. These are the directional tread tires. Can't tell much difference from my old LTX MS2 tires. I have about 7000 miles on them.

They are also available in a non directional tread in my size 245/75R16.

Nekit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekit View Post
I have the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate C tires on my 2006 158" Sprinter Rv and am happy with them. These are the directional tread tires. Can't tell much difference from my old LTX MS2 tires. I have about 7000 miles on them.

Thanks for the info. Not many reviews are out there for this new tire. Glad I got my set of LTX M/S's just before they were discontinued.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekit View Post

Great information, it will be very interesting to see how the users of MS2's and Defenders see the new version once they use them.

Did you notice any increase in road harshness with the Agilis?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #15

I choose Sumitomo Encounter HT 225/75R 16 from Tire Rack. great price & rating. Had Costco mount & balance with nitrogen. Nice tires!!
tinchariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinchariot View Post
I choose Sumitomo Encounter HT 225/75R 15 from Tire Rack. great price & rating. Had Costco mount & balance with nitrogen. Nice tires!!
Costco will mount tires they don't sell themselves?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #17

It's a new thing Costco started last year. They also repair tires.
tinchariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:17 AM   #18

David:

I installed the new Michelin Agilis tires on Libertas in late May 2018 and Fred Ahlgren (Gustov) installed Agilis around the same time. We have both been pleased the ride.
Ebyronjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #19

This past May I installed a set of Agilis Cross Climate on my 2012 Pleasure Way Plateau (2011 3500 Sprinter); only have about 4K miles so far; not a fair to compare to a set of mostly worn out Continentals (35k miles) but I've been very pleased;

The van is driven almost exclusively on mountain roads in Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina; they have relatively low road noise, the handle good, and twice this summer I had to drive in two hours of torrential rain and they felt well planted on the wet roads; they also have the mountain/snow symbol which has value to me since I live at 3600 ft elavation and frequently run into light snow on arriving home when the surroundings areas are getting rain.

4k miles doesn't say anything about the future and moving from worn tires to new most always gives a good impression of the new but I don't recall ever being this satisfied with the Continentals.

All subjective but my take on the Agilis
PMJ
PJ2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ2016 View Post
This past May I installed a set of Agilis Cross Climate on my 2012 Pleasure Way Plateau (2011 3500 Sprinter); only have about 4K miles so far; not a fair to compare to a set of mostly worn out Continentals (35k miles) but I've been very pleased;

The van is driven almost exclusively on mountain roads in Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina; they have relatively low road noise, the handle good, and twice this summer I had to drive in two hours of torrential rain and they felt well planted on the wet roads; they also have the mountain/snow symbol which has value to me since I live at 3600 ft elavation and frequently run into light snow on arriving home when the surroundings areas are getting rain.

4k miles doesn't say anything about the future and moving from worn tires to new most always gives a good impression of the new but I don't recall ever being this satisfied with the Continentals.

All subjective but my take on the Agilis
PMJ

Did you get the directional or symmetrical tread pattern version? It appears both are available in the US?

booster is offline   Reply With Quote