Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #21
Silver Member

Also consider the Avion 24 KBX. It is a factory direct Extended Sprinter with a fulltime King Bed, 80 x 78 inches! The forward portion of the bed flips back to uncover a 2 seat dinette/lounge, or it can be left always as a bed, as there are also the 4 captains chairs with central table up front as well. Lots of storage under the bed, too.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post
Also consider the Avion 24 KBX. It is a factory direct Extended Sprinter with a fulltime King Bed, 80 x 78 inches! The forward portion of the bed flips back to uncover a 2 seat dinette/lounge, or it can be left always as a bed, as there are also the 4 captains chairs with central table up front as well. Lots of storage under the bed, too.
OP asked about "...with a full time bed and ideally only driver and passenger seats..."

The Avion 24ELX might fit his request better. Floor plan shows only 3 seats up front, but that 3rd seat can be replaced with more cabinets. Also has the King bed.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
OP asked about "...with a full time bed and ideally only driver and passenger seats..."

The Avion 24ELX might fit his request better. Floor plan shows only 3 seats up front, but that 3rd seat can be replaced with more cabinets. Also has the King bed.
That van sure is long. The Promaster would be much easier to maneuver and park.
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #24
Silver Member

The Avion is indeed a long van. That's how it is able to have a fulltime King bed and still have adequate living area. A Promaster, being at most 21' long, would have much less living area with a fulltime queen bed. Further, the bed when laying cross-coach, would at most be 74" long, and most often 73", which is too short for many men, and it requires the furthest person to roll over the other to get out of bed, or other gymnastics.

The ELX does offer a king bed as well, but it's not really a fulltime bed. It's an electric couch with ottomans that form a bed. While it can be left as a bed, it's not a real mattress, like the KBX. Further, the rear couch can transport 3 passengers, so it has lots of seats. Very flexible, but not as comfortable as a fulltime set up. The KBX also has a lot more storage than the ELX, upper as well as below the bed.

I personably would love to see what Avion could do with a Promaster or even a 22' Ford Transit. With their pod technology, they could get these vans to also have 78 or 80" beds cross-coach, and if they kept the bed to say 54" wide, there would still be adequate space for a decent bath, galley, and storage. They just wouldn't be able to transport many passengers, which won't be a problem for many RV'rs.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #25

I hadn't looked at Sportsmobile for many years, and it looks like they've come a long way. Maybe a more affordable option to Advanced RV...
logicprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Here's the list from my database of Class Bs: Sprinters with galleys on the passenger side and full-time beds:

Advanced RV Gulf Coast
Advanced RV Ocean One
Advanced RV Select
Airstream Interstate Grand Tour
Pleasure Way Plateau FL
Regency Concept One
Sportsmobile

There may be new models that I haven't added, but this list will give you a place to start. I'd look at the Pleasure Way Plateau FL first.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
Here's the list from my database of Class Bs: Sprinters with galleys on the passenger side and full-time beds:

Advanced RV Gulf Coast
Advanced RV Ocean One
Advanced RV Select
Airstream Interstate Grand Tour
Pleasure Way Plateau FL
Regency Concept One
Sportsmobile
Pleasure Way Plateau FL doesn't have a permanent bed.

Maybe add Coachhouse Arriva? It's a twin that converts to a king though.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #28

I can't afford Advanced RV, and the Roadtrek Simplicity looks a little too "entry level" for me, so I'm leaning towards Sportsmobile.

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Sprinter Standard Extended Body "EB" Plans

The EB164S standard plan with the platform bed from EB160S (instead of the bunk beds) is pretty much what I'm looking for.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:16 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
I can't afford Advanced RV, and the Roadtrek Simplicity looks a little too "entry level" for me, so I'm leaning towards Sportsmobile.

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Sprinter Standard Extended Body "EB" Plans

The EB164S standard plan with the platform bed from EB160S (instead of the bunk beds) is pretty much what I'm looking for.
If you live in the northeast, you may want to look at the Canadian built Safari Condo XL Flex. Quality build and affordable. We are in love with ours.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:32 AM   #30

Yes, the Safari Condo XL Flex is another candidate. Do you have the height-adjustable queen bed? I'd like to go full time in a few years, which is why I'm set on a fixed bed (and a good mattress). I like the height-adjustable bed in the XL Flex.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
Yes, the Safari Condo XL Flex is another candidate. Do you have the height-adjustable queen bed? I'd like to go full time in a few years, which is why I'm set on a fixed bed (and a good mattress). I like the height-adjustable bed in the XL Flex.
Yes. Allows us to sleep above our 4 bikes. Brilliant.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:00 AM   #32

We have the ERA 70A with the twin bed configuration and the insert to make it into a queen bed and always use the insert. It is quite comfortable since I have covered egg carton foam mattress covers that I roll up into bolsters for the day use. I find it easy to use and quite comfortable.
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote