Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default more questions for booster

Booster -every time i research something on a 190 i found a post you have made in the past.

this time it's about the emergency dump port on the 190 used if the macerator stops working.

i saw your post on rvnet.

1. where do you buy pip plugs.
2. how have you set up your emergency dump port.
3.if you've pullthe gate releases and then the macerator won't work -if you unscrew the pip plug does it just come rushing out.
4. can you just undo the plug then pull the gate releases and let it drain out the emereancy dump port(of course hose on it). do you gave an interior plug you have to move?

i want to be prepared in advance. i find when i over prepare nothing bad happens-when i don't prepare it does.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: more questions for booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Booster -every time i research something on a 190 i found a post you have made in the past.

this time it's about the emergency dump port on the 190 used if the macerator stops working.

3.if you've pullthe gate releases and then the macerator won't work -if you unscrew the pip plug does it just come rushing out.
4. can you just undo the plug then pull the gate releases and let it drain out the emereancy dump port(of course hose on it). do you gave an interior plug you have to move?

i want to be prepared in advance. i find when i over prepare nothing bad happens-when i don't prepare it does.
The emergency drain as Roadtrek has it, is just a cleanout plug in the tee that ties the tanks to macerator. If you just open it, you will get a small amount of "water" that is in the tee area coming out. Opening yhe valves dumps the tank contents out the plug hole. There is not enough room to put on a real hose fitting. Some have made clamp on hose fittings for that connection. For us, in an emergency, we would dump into buckets until we could fix the pump.

If I have enough time this winter, I am going to look at what it would take to make a retrofit true dual dump setup. First look tells me it will not be horribly hard task, but I will probably need to make a special fitting, if I want both ways to work as well as they could. Both dumps would on the drivers side, with no special assembly to use.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51

The emergency drain as Roadtrek has it, is just a cleanout plug in the tee that ties the tanks to macerator. If you just open it, you will get a small amount of "water" that is in the tee area coming out. Opening yhe valves dumps the tank contents out the plug hole. There is not enough room to put on a real hose fitting. Some have made clamp on hose fittings for that connection. For us, in an emergency, we would dump into buckets until we could fix the pump.

If I have enough time this winter, I am going to look at what it would take to make a retrofit true dual dump setup. First look tells me it will not be horribly hard task, but I will probably need to make a special fitting, if I want both ways to work as well as they could. Both dumps would on the drivers side, with no special assembly to use.

i saw a picture with the cleanout plug removed. it looked like there was an inner ?gate. does this open up and let total dump just come out when you pull the handles.?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Team

I don't know if this would work in your Roadtrek, but there is a fitting available that is intended for this application:

It is Valterra T1037.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote