Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #1

Default My first class b

Greetings all. I have a lot of questions. My first and most important is. I am planning to buy a class b and live in it. I really like the popular 210. I have owned a few class a but never a b. what are your thoughts on the popular 210. Drive ability. Parking. Things like that. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely.
Inspector gadget.
Inspector gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: My first class b

Class B Roadtrek 210 model has many qualities. Gas consumption is not one of them. The move away from Ford and GM chassis and to Promaster, Ford Transit and of course currently, the Sprinters is a consideration IF you are buying new or nearly new. It depends what you are looking at. A well cared for 210 has a lot of the essentials but remember, if you are living in it, you need some storage capacity and, the interior cabin is your living area. Many people like a slide out, which is availabie in many RVs. Dualie wheels out back are good but there are parking restrictions in most places and, they are harder to manage re flats and so on. They do help with stability. The 210 would be fine depending on what you need and if you are alone on your LIVING experience. Responders need more specifics.

Welcome.

Al
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
Silver Member

Consider the Airstream Interstate. While they use about the same size show/bath as the other Class B on a Mercedes chassis, they do use a smaller refrigerator but we added an ARB fridge sitting alongside it. We opted for the 3 capt. chairs up front which allows the 2 extra wardrobes in our unit. Still propane and with a propane generator unlike the Roadtrek "e" class which is available with hydronic heat and more batteries which eliminate the need for the generator. BUT the BIG!!!! difference between Roadtrek and Airstream is the Airstream is available with the extended length body. That adds 14" behind the couch/bed and we've built a wall there and I have plenty of storage accessible from the back doors and a large shelf on top of the wall to store our pillows, plankets, etc for sleeping. There are other Class B manufactures that also use the extended length body.

Why doesn't Roadtdrek offer it? I don't know and when I recently asked them directly, their answer was "We don't currently build on that chassis." And when I asked why?, no answer. If Roadtrek did offer the extended body, I'd strongly personally consider trading our Airstrem for one.
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
Platinum Member

as you can tell by the first set of replies-size does matter
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #5

Not sure why but my last post did not show. I will be traveling alone. I would like a van I can park anywhere. I do not want a sprinter. I will be traveling a lot.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #6

Yes size always matters whether it be small medium or large. Preference is key.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #7

I looked at the interstate. Nice but I should clarify. I would like a rear bed. Center bath with shower. New or used. Not sure I can afford either just not sure if I should buy new and risk not liking or buy used. I'm very handy so I can fix minor stuff. That said I do not want a fixer upper. I want one I can buy and hit the road.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I don't know your bathroom preferences, as in temporary or permanent, but if you are OK with an aisle shower, the 2005 vintage 210's are a really good choice for having lots of storage available. You gain on whole floor to ceiling cabinet with the aisle shower version. If you get it with the optional armoire in place of the 3rd seat, you probably have most storage of any Roadtrek around, except for the 200 which is a very different design. For fulltiming for one person, I think a 2005 210 would be near the top of my list.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I'd consider a regular width full size Chevy for full-time single person traveling. Like a RT 190P for example.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #10

Thanks for the info on the 2005 210. I am fine with an isle shower. And the closet instead of the 3rd seat sound like just the van for me.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Here is a link to the 2005 Roadtrek brochure. It shows the 210 with the aisle shower and the optional enclosed one (near the end of the brochure). It also show the seat replacing cabinet in the options area.

http://www.roadtrek.com/_images/broc...model_year.pdf
Old 05-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #12

Thanks so much for all the responses. Now I am thinking about a 190. So darn many choices
Old 05-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
Platinum Member

A 190 is also an excellent choice, it is what we have.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector gadget
Thanks so much for all the responses. Now I am thinking about a 190. So darn many choices

look at the roadtrek ranger.

it is basically a 190 without bells and whistles.

it is a 2500 van with 4.8 liter v8. it will not tow unless you order it with 6.0 liter v8 and tow package. Roadtrek will not give tow package without 6.0
also propane and generator are options. most dealers orde rwith this.

A big reason to get ranger-at least for me-is the 3.1 liter NOVACOOL 12volt/120 fridge. very efficient compressor fridge.

3 ways have their uses but they are far more problematic(now someone will post 3 ways are great). just an opinion

i want to precise-uses GRAVITY dump system. no macerator
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Booster mentioned the optional armoire. Here's a photo on one in the 190P I used to own: http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/vi...154&p=223#p774
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #16

Thank you to everyone for their input. You have all been a big help to me
Old 05-09-2014, 03:01 AM   #17

Can you get a 170 with a shower. Or is there a retro fit kit
Old 05-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #18
Platinum Member