Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default My new ride.

Picked up a 1999 Ranger as a tow vechicle for my hardtop. Not to mention running wood out to the summer site and construction projects at home. High mileage, but no rust what-so-ever on the body.

3.0L, Auto, standard cab, 7' box, AC. They installed a Class III hitch for me. Also dual fuel, runs on Natural Gas & Gasoline, so no sales tax on purchase. Probably get 75 miles to a NG tankful, so not good for traveling, but great around town. And about a 30% cost savings.

Of course I have to beg to kid if I want to use it.

(Took the picture with my new MotoQ phone.)
paulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Looks like it's in great shape.

I've seen a fair amount of vehicles out here that run on propane but I don't recall seeing any that run on Nat Gas.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
Silver Member

A little detailing and the truck doesn't look too shabby.

Now that the warm weather is here, and I managed to steal the truck from the kids. I got a quick check on the mileage.

Ford rates it about 28 hwy and 20 city. If you believe that??

Friday night, Natural Gas fillup $12.05 or 18.6 litre equivelent.

The kid stoled it to deliver a bed, then Sat. morning a quick hwy to the coffee shop. Saturday night a cruise to Niagara Falls (yes I can afford to cruise again). A trip down Clifton Hill then the Parkway and all the way down to Niagara on the Lake. Gotta love the tourist traps before the tourist arrive. Home then ran out on the way back from coffee Sun. morning.

Total 150km, 30 or 40hwy and the rest city. Or in english 90 miles.

18.6 litre or 4.1 gal cdn. Roughly 22 mile/gal. Not too shabby, but I still want to put bigger tires on it.

Did I mention Natural gas has been at 67 cents a litre since I bought the truck. With gas at a $1.20 a litre with a projected $1.50 by summer. Even at today's cost factored in I getting average 40 miles to the gal.
paulm is offline   Reply With Quote