Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #1

Default Need advice on replacing microwave convection oven

The Apollo Half Time Oven (microwave convection oven) in my Roadtrek malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. I checked with the main office of Roadtrek and the service rep did not think I could change brands. He said the unit is 110 volts/20 amps and has a special plug. However, the instruction book for the oven states that it is 120 volts/15 amps.

I have a 2008 210-Popular model. Just wondering if anyone else who had this brand of microwave convection oven has replaced it with a different brand and if so, what brand and model.

Thanks,
MJ
RVJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Default Re: Need advice on replacing microwave convection oven

I am guessing that your Half Time is the same as the one in our 2006 210.
Our book does say 15 amp but the extra instructions for the built-in kit say 20 amp.
Take a look in the cupboard above the oven and if RT did not change anything from 2006 to 2008 you should see the 20 amp plug for the oven plugged into a 20 amp receptacle. And if you look at the receptacle you can see that one of the slots is "T" shaped so that it will accept either a 15 amp or 20 amp plug. So power for a different MW should be no problem.
The built-in kit comes with an auxillary fan which needs to be used when enclosing a convection oven.
If you want to install only a MW with no convection and you don't put a trim around it, enclosing it,you won't need the fan.
That is a pretty big space so you should not have a problem finding a MW that will fit with plenty of space left around it for air circulation.
Anchor it and plug it in and you should be ready to go.
Since we have never used the convection that is what I will do if ours decides to quit.
FLSTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #3

Default Re: Need advice on replacing microwave convection oven

Thank you so much! RT has not changed the setup since 2006 so the 20 amp recepticle was where you said.

I use my convection oven all the time so would not go back to just a microwave. I use the one at home a lot more than the oven on my range as well! Now I just have to find a new one that will fit.
RVJude is offline   Reply With Quote