Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Need measurements for Roadtrek rear table 190p

Just came home with my first RV - 2003 Roadtrek 190P. There is no rear table, and I'd like to build one, but don't have one around to use as a model. Can anyone help me out with dimensions? Also, I've seen examples of custom shaped tables, and am open to ideas. I've got the table leg, the lower and upper leg fittings, so I'm ready to go. Thanks in advance.
Steve in Costa Mesa, CA
rauscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:56 PM   #2
Platinum Member

RT makes a great little table they call the cloverleaf- it can be small or big- look for one of those if you can.

otherwise mock up different size and shape table tops from cardboard and see how it is to move around with it in place and will it hold a couple plates or whatever you have in mind.

many of us remove the tables and go for trays- just easier if space is tight.

that means RT cloverleafs show up used fairly often

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I've got a cloverleaf table for the front, I'll give that a try in the back and see if that is all we need. I'm a big believer of modelling with cardboard or wood before finalizing a project, and was looking for existing dimensions as a starting point for that process.

Thanks, Steve
Old 04-29-2016, 02:26 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I have that same year & model. I'll swing by the RV tomorrow on the way to work & get the table dimensions.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Several of us made our own table: bought a 24 inch round pine top at Lowes for $20, cherry-stained it, and remounted the upper table bracket onto it eccentrically.

We use ours all the time in the front position, but it works just as well at the rear, and is a lot lighter than the supplied tables.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I went through this exercise in determining a custom table. I wanted it to be as small as I could get by with. So I put two wooden TV trays side by side which I knew were adequate and then laid yellow trace paper over, put down some typical plates, bowls, glasses and silverware to see how it would fit for two people primarily sitting at the turned around cab seats. Then I took a Sharpie pen and laid out a plan with 4" radius corners to verify.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:39 AM   #7
Platinum Member

My table is 23 9/16 by 32 7/8.

If you have the rear dinette like mine & want to use the table top to make up the bed, you'll want to stay pretty close to those dimensions, especially the 23 9/16, since that's what fits between the two seats. You might want to check the seat-to-seat distance in your van to make sure it fits without being too narrow.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:36 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Great ideas, I appreciate the help. There are a lot of things that we'll have to figure out; king bed or twins, use the shower or not, Boondocking, table yes or no, etc. Lots of opinions and ideas out there. Great adventures ahead!
Old 08-23-2016, 03:09 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to sewright33 Send a message via MSN to sewright33 Send a message via Yahoo to sewright33

What are exact measurements for back table a as need bed platformr thanks for any help ann
sewright33 is offline   Reply With Quote