Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #1

Question Need to view Roadtrek 210 Popular. Can you help?

Are you the owner of a Roadtrek 210 Popular living within 3 hours of the greater Washington D.C. area? If so, would you be willing to show me your unit?

I have just returned from the 2017 RV Show in Hershey, at which I had hoped to finally look at the Roadtrek 210 Popular --- but there was none there. The closest dealer, in Souderton PA, has none in stock and says they do not expect to have any, anytime soon.

We have narrowed our choice of a Class B RV to the 210 Popular and a Pleasureway of similar length on a gas engine chassis, but I really need to see the Roadtrek before committing to it and starting to look for a unit for sale.

I have just joined this forum, so I don't know whether you would contact me via a post or via email. Please let me know how we might communicate, if you have an RT 210 Popular that you'd be willing to show.

Thank you very much!
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard. I am not really surprised that Roadtrek didn't have the 210 on the Show Floor..they are into the Sprinters and Diesel. FWIW, I have bought two RT's over the years, both online, sight unseen, and travelled to pick them up - and with neither did I have a problem; neither have ever been to a service center, most of the things that happen are easy for the handy person to correct. The Chevy with the 6.0 engine is classic, and it powers the 210 very smooth. We are from VA, but not there at this time. If you really want to talk to a Dealer with the 210's, along with all the other RT's, I recommend these places:

Sunshine State RV,
Gainsville, FL
1-352-337-0776

RV World Of Nokomis
Nokomis, FL
1-800-262-2182

You can also go online to U-Tube and get Dealer Demos of the 210, both in the 2016- & 17 years.

I know you are hoping to finds somewhere close to home, but with the eventual ownership comes the search. I recommend going online to these Dealers, you can view their inventories, and call and ask specific questions, and get tons of photos of a specific vehicle. I have seen some used there with as little as 12,000 miles - and very reasonably priced. Some folks buy and then after a year of ownership decided they either want to move up or out of Rving. I strongly recommend you don't worry the distance between you and the Dealer, it is the vehicle choices available and the bottom line. Many people make their deal over the phone/line and then travel to pick their new home. Many Dealers cover your air fare, picking you up at the airport, etc., to make the Deal.

If you want, drop me an e-mail(retired4fun2002@yahoo.com) and I will try and answer questions relative to the 210, which is a luxury touring coach; pull in and you have compliments, and of course the 5 minute tour...you have become a Roadtrek Ambassador! Ron
Old 09-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
I am not really surprised that Roadtrek didn't have the 210 on the Show Floor..they are into the Sprinters and Diesel.
I think that there is concern at RT about availability of the Chevy platform for much longer.

But I think you mean that they are into the Sprinter Diesel and the Promaster Gas.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
Silver Member

We had a difficult time finding a 210 to walk through as well. We went to see this new unit in CT:

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Cro...ULAR-117028098

It is about 5 and a half hours from the DC area.

I also saw an unadvertised used (as is) 210 at Colonial RV in Lake wood, NJ (732 367 4499). We did not see the interior though. This one would be about
3 and a half hours from DC.

You will want to call ahead to see if they are still available
Good luck!
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #5

Default Thank you, all

Thank you for your suggestions and advice. The primary reason that I need to actually see the 210 in person is to confirm that I can live in it for a 1-year road trip with my husband and 2 cats. Looking at a photograph and a floor plan just isn't the same (we learned this when I was impressed with the layout of a 24 foot Dana sailboat but found it too dark when we finally got to see it).

Also, I want to inspect the build quality, about which I've read conflicting views.

Again, thanks to you all. I will follow up with the New Jersey listing and hope for the best.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egraham View Post
Thank you for your suggestions and advice. The primary reason that I need to actually see the 210 in person is to confirm that I can live in it for a 1-year road trip with my husband and 2 cats. Looking at a photograph and a floor plan just isn't the same (we learned this when I was impressed with the layout of a 24 foot Dana sailboat but found it too dark when we finally got to see it).

Also, I want to inspect the build quality, about which I've read conflicting views.

Again, thanks to you all. I will follow up with the New Jersey listing and hope for the best.

If you are going to live in it,
I would recomend something else.

The 210 is small by today's standard.
The bathroom is tight; you will bang your head if you try to stand up from the throne.
You will also bang your head entering the RV.

The driving position is nice though.

The RT build material quality of this model is good; this is still the old school RT.

Have you tried rvtrader? There might be a used RV in your area that you can see?
Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #7

That post suggesting that the 210 Popular would be too small made me chuckle! We spent 9 months touring in a Casita travel trailer, 17' long from bumper to tongue, 6'8" wide. We're only considering a Class B because we expect to visit a larger number of urban areas on our next long-term trip.

My concern about the 210 is how much light enters the interior, given that the bath is taking up a large part of one side of the coach area. I am also wondering how much of a nuisance it would be to have to set up and take down an eating area in the rear sitting/sleeping space. I was not at all happy with the drama involved in turning around the cab area seats in the 190 that I walked through, nor with the inevitable leg-bumping that would ensue from using that as the primary eating area.

BTW: the New Jersey 210 was sold! They seem to be flying off the shelves, so to speak.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
Silver Member

I can tell you that the unit in CT has a dark gray interior, while it was very stylish, it did seem dark inside.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
Gold Member

I have a 2005 RT 210P. I'm currently in Southern NJ. I'll be leaving for the Florida Keys at the beginning of October IF the current conditions improve enough to allow it. For the past three years, I overnighted at the Ashland, VA Travel Center off I-95 on the way. I'd be willing to show you the Van at that location, if you're still looking. I can be reached at angelmroman@aol.com. The 210 is currently listed on RVTrader.com, although I'm keeping her until mid January. Good luck in your search
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #10
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egraham View Post
That post suggesting that the 210 Popular would be too small made me chuckle!

Nope. I did not say the 210 is small,
but small compared to today's offerings.

If you are going to spend $100k on an RV, there are choices.