Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Default Never owned an RV

We have been looking at the UnityMB Leisure Travel Van (LV) and are quite impressed but can't really afford one right now. Am very interested in renting something close to see if we like RV'ing; not an actual verb but hopefully it works. I live in southern California and can't seem to find a class B RV to rent that is similar to the LV. One of the draws to the LV, for us, is that it doesn't really look like an RV and can be more easily parked. Since you now know the kind we are interested in, could you share your knowledge about class B RVs, maybe give some advice?
Colbres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Never owned an RV

may find more class b posts here

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea ... rum/21.cfm

look at user mumkin at rv net. she has an ltv van
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #3

Thanks for your response...I went to the website and read a few starnds, mumkins included, all seem EXTREMELY happy with ltv. Gosh darnitt! Wish I could rent one! If you've never seen one, they are beautiful!
Colbres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Certainly, the LTV Unity with Murphy bed is a class act and my wife's favourite but it IS pricey. I personally like the LTV Free Spirit SS with the single slide-out for bed and full bathroom at back. I like it because, like my 06 PW Plateau TS, it is all steel and not a cutaway design and is quite narrow so parking is easy--just like parking an F150. Only 22ft9ins, Winnebago has an equivalent model to that too. But, the Unity at 24 ft or so is a neat package and LTV has very good quality interiors, like PW, Roadtrek and GWV. Good Luck. Hope you get a good deal. Consider a demo or say a 2014 when 2015 comes out or even a 2013. You can eliminate the big depreciation initially that way.,

We use our PW as a second vehicle too. Our first is a 528i BMW>

AL
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
Platinum Member

You should know that when buying an rv new 25 percent off of list is fairly common. Go watch the Leisure Travel van videos on YouTube. You Tube sensation Dean is a riot. " I'm well over six feet ". Got to meet him at the Pomona California rv show 2 years ago. Great guy. Great passion. I really dislike the murphy bed system. Sometimes you are going to want to sleep in and your partner might not so it's good to have a bedroom separate from living room. I think the Serenity is da bomb as the kids say. To each his own.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
Bronze Member

It is not the brand you want but if you just want to rent a class B in southern California you could try www.AirstreamCoach.com. They have a Sprinter based RV for rent in the LA area. The owners name is Jennifer Kogen. The reservation phone number is 949-495-1609.
FredA is offline   Reply With Quote