Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2016, 01:34 AM   #1

Default new addition to Travato 59K

We looked at several class B vans today and ended up purchasing a Travato 59K. First, thanks to all you Travato owners for all your information you have posted here. It really helped us in our decision. But the most interesting thing....There is now a table between the twin beds that then acts as a support to expand the bed across the aisle. Has the requisite cushions to make into one huge bed. Makes getting to the bathroom at night a little tricky but we think it's worth it. Glad for the table, too. The van had everything we wanted at a terrific price. Will post pics when we pick it up (hopefully) next Monday. Big delay here as the Tampa RV show starts Wednesday and things are crazy at the dealers here. This is our first class b but we have had a pop-up, hybrid, fifth wheel and truck camper in the past.
tropicallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:56 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicallie View Post
We looked at several class B vans today and ended up purchasing a Travato 59K. First, thanks to all you Travato owners for all your information you have posted here. It really helped us in our decision. But the most interesting thing....There is now a table between the twin beds that then acts as a support to expand the bed across the aisle. Has the requisite cushions to make into one huge bed. Makes getting to the bathroom at night a little tricky but we think it's worth it. Glad for the table, too. The van had everything we wanted at a terrific price. Will post pics when we pick it up (hopefully) next Monday. Big delay here as the Tampa RV show starts Wednesday and things are crazy at the dealers here. This is our first class b but we have had a pop-up, hybrid, fifth wheel and truck camper in the past.
Congratulations on your new acquisition! The table you are mentioning looks like an interesting option. Any pictures?
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:42 AM   #3

My husband calls me the worlds worst photographer but this is all I have. First is table in secured location alongside the passenger side bed(the blue tape on the floor is covering the pole insert) and the second is two of the cushions that go on top. I'll be sure to have the hubs take pics when we take delivery with it set up properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160111_143113.jpg (159.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20160111_144149.jpg (113.2 KB, 50 views)
Old 01-12-2016, 03:27 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Congrats on your K. Think you'll love it.

I'm not a fan of the table and cushion arrangement. I bought angled cushions to make one of the beds a proper sofa. The pull out tables for the front seats are plenty adequate for dining as well as using a laptop.

With the Froli system, the beds are very comfortable.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
My husband calls me the worlds worst photographer but this is all I have. First is table in secured location alongside the passenger side bed(the blue tape on the floor is covering the pole insert) and the second is two of the cushions that go on top. I'll be sure to have the hubs take pics when we take delivery with it set up properly.
Thanks, I understand that the table has a set of short legs to use it as a platform for the conversion into a king size bed.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Congrats on your K. Think you'll love it.

I'm not a fan of the table and cushion arrangement. I bought angled cushions to make one of the beds a proper sofa. The pull out tables for the front seats are plenty adequate for dining as well as using a laptop.

With the Froli system, the beds are very comfortable.

Thanks for the congrats. Not sure how often we will use the large bed as we have a large dog who will most likely pick that spot between the beds as his sleeping quarters. We will definitely use the table as we have board games we only play when we camp. Gives us something to do if it rains. We LOVE your bolster idea. They look great. I saw where you bought them on Amazon and checked but didn't find them. I'll keep checking.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks for the congrats. Not sure how often we will use the large bed as we have a large dog who will most likely pick that spot between the beds as his sleeping quarters. We will definitely use the table as we have board games we only play when we camp. Gives us something to do if it rains. We LOVE your bolster idea. They look great. I saw where you bought them on Amazon and checked but didn't find them. I'll keep checking.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #8

Hi Tropicali,

Congrats! Santa delivered a silver 2016 Travato K with red upholstery to Vermont where it's currently in winter storage. Can't wait 'til April. Our K didn't orginally have the table, bed supports, and bolsters installed, but our dealer ordered them from Winnebago as part of our purchase agreement. Excited to have the option for the large bed and table for our use and also for resale. We travel (sometimes) with a 55 lb golden doodle who will want to be in the big bed with us...
Old 01-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Congrats. Joined the Travato Facebook group? Awaiting pics next week....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote