Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default New guy to this forum with questions !

Hi there ! I like this site , so I joined . Has anybody used a tankless electric water heater / shower head ? My 1989 Dodge Islander Widebody was custom ordered without a hot water tank , and I'm thinking of installing a unit that needs no tank . I've purchased a Boliy generator / inverter to power a water heater of some sort, as well as the other things like a coffee maker, hair drier etc. :P !

Does anybody have ideas / products for an outdoor shower , privacy wrap around stand alone curtain ? I would like to be able to open the back doors, step down and out into a private shower room of some sort .
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Out door shower?

I saw a portable outside curtan type thing at a WalMart store for use with a porta potty outside. You might get online and check it out and maybe you could us it for a out door shower.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

Several companies make showers for campers.

http://www.jcwhitney.com Shower

We used one like this at a cabin that we used to have in No Minnesota. We had made our own using PVC and a tarp, but this one is pretty cheap. I doubt it would be any cheaper to build your own.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum lefty. Thanks for joining.

Wilton made a outdoor shower enclosure for his Roadtrek. Here's the link:

http://windsurf.mediaforte.com/roadtrek ... hower.html

Pretty hard to beat the price in Julie's link (unless you've got the parts sitting around at home already).

Maybe you've seen the Boliy Generator section on this site - if not here's the link:

http://classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=32

There's a link in that section for parts list etc.

Does your Islander have propane?

The Gulf Stream (now Conquest) Vista MB Class B had "Warm Water on Demand". They're site stated it would heat 30 degrees above water temp (approx). I think it used propane but I'm not sure.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Yes , it has everything but a hot water tank and shower. Now I'm thinking should I buy a class b+ instead ! Been there done that with a 10' Timberline camper and a Dodge w350 diesel , loaded, with solar panels etc. We don't have kids , but visit my family regularly up island . Using a washroom or shower is becoming a race with their young ones all around 7-19 ! So , maybe a newer class b+ for the actual stand up, dry bathroom/ shower combo with extra elbow room would suite us better ?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:39 AM   #6

Default Re: New guy to this forum with questions !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty
Hi there ! I like this site , so I joined . Has anybody used a tankless electric water heater / shower head ? My 1989 Dodge Islander Widebody was custom ordered without a hot water tank , and I'm thinking of installing a unit that needs no tank . I've purchased a Boliy generator / inverter to power a water heater of some sort, as well as the other things like a coffee maker, hair drier etc. :P !

Does anybody have ideas / products for an outdoor shower , privacy wrap around stand alone curtain ? I would like to be able to open the back doors, step down and out into a private shower room of some sort .
Lefty, I had a small instantaneous hot water heater on my sailboat. It was propane powered and was started simply by turning on the hot water tap. It was made by Paloma and was so efficient that when our hot water tank in our house packed it in, we replaced it with a similar unit meant for houses made by Bosch. Cheap to operate, just about bomb proof as to maintenance and longevity, and you never run out of hot water. There were similar units to the Paloma for sale in Victoria at the various boating chandleries, the Boathouse down near the Inner Harbour comes to mind. There used to be a store near the Johnson Street bridge, I think it was called the Ironworks, that carried units especially made for camping. If you look up Cabela's on the internet, you will find units, plus outside camper's enclosures, although this is an American company with all the hassels that entails. I am sure that you will be able to find what you are looking for locally, particularily if you look in the boating supplies stores.
Ferzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Thanks ! I will post what I find will work . Turns out I now might need a larger water tank..... .