Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default New Lexor FL now available for order

Recently learned that a Pleasure Way Lexor FL model can now be ordered as an alternate to the Lexor TS. I think it would suit us very well. (Not on the PW website last time I checked, but prototype at the Tampa show.

The main change I am aware of (could be others too) is that the small hanging cupboard just behind the driver's seat is repositioned aft of the fridge over the driver's side ottoman - I think this has allowed it to be made wider. Of course it impacts seating on the ottoman but there is foot space below it for sleeping.

I would imagine that now being shorter, this cupboard being shorter. then of necessity you lose the two drawers present in the TS hanging cupboard

But I think the big advantage is that now there will be more space up front and the driver's seat can not only recline but will swing completely around, and there is a flip up computer table

I gather that with the 2019 model, there will also be a removable "Lagun" (Swedish?) articulated table that can be mounted in the rear or in the front, serving the two rotated front seats.

Sounds very versatile to me - looking forward to it, I think it will make for an excellent van.

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:46 AM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

I just watched a video; the Pleasure-Way has the best joinery work. Bar None.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:57 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

I just watched a video; the Pleasure-Way has the best joinery work. Bar None.
Yes, I don't have a B yet but have already spent a lot of time doing what I can to research (This forum has been a real help to me and I am very thankful to all who have offered comments and advice.)

At the moment, PW are top of my "short list" for design and apparent quality.

I do like the Leisure vans a lot but the current ones are all too long for my driveway - unless I inset one of our garage doors, which I guess I could do!

But also, I think they are at a length that in some way detracts from the benefits of a "B." I think "Just long enough, but no longer" is what we want, and for us that seems to be somewhere around 22 ft.

About the only thing I would wish would be for PW to offer an underhood generator as an option to the Onan, but I have not heard that is about to happen.

It may not be terribly important to us because I doubt we would use any generator a whole lot, especially if we had some solar. But the noise and added maintenance needs of the Onan are thing I would prefer not to have!

With our travel trailer we carry a Honda i2000eu which is very quiet and had been very reliable - I wonder why the builders all stick with Onans for the vans! I suppose I could buy without a gennie and carry our little Honda somehow! I don't think it could run the AC though unlessI had some sort of soft start circuitry added to the AC.

Brian.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:05 AM   #4
Platinum Member

The rear cupboard with footspace for sleeping was the standard in class b's for a long time, but has faded lately as "openness" has gotten more attention than storage. Our 07 C190P Roadtrek has a cupboard on both sides.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:24 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The rear cupboard with footspace for sleeping was the standard in class b's for a long time, but has faded lately as "openness" has gotten more attention than storage. Our 07 C190P Roadtrek has a cupboard on both sides.
Yes, I have seen that in older designs and understand what you say.

But my feeling in this case is that it is well worth the compromise at least on one side of the van at the rear, if it then permits creates a useable front lounge space up front for two.

The Lexor TS that we saw at the Toronto show was really light and very open, (The "White chocolate" curved cabinets and light upholstery help that a lot I expect) and I didn't think that the move of the clothes cupboard from front to back would detract much from that.

I do think the cupboard looks as though it grows slightly larger when it moves from the front to the back from what I could see in a youtube video from the Tampa show, , but it is still not as large as those I have seen on older Roadtreks, and I felt that having it a little larger was a good thing, as it is "Really" small when up front on the TS. It looks as though it would barely accommodate two light jackets in the front configuration.

It would be nice to be able see the Lexor FL first hand, because I know that sometimes you get a surprise when you see things first hand rather than in a wide angle camera shot or a brochure. I was surprised when I actually got to see an Aktiv 2.0 after seeing youtube videos. Just too tight for us, much as a dinette would be nice to have.

Brian
Old 03-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
It would be nice to be able see the Lexor FL first hand, because I know that sometimes you get a surprise when you see things first hand rather than in a wide angle camera shot or a brochure.
We did see a Lexor FL yesterday. Loved the more open area around the driver’s seat and generally liked the coach a lot. The small flip down table behind the driver’s seat appeared large enough for a laptop, and had power and usb plug in the vicinity. Pleasure Way placed an additional table bracket in the floor up front so that the one table can be used in the rear of coach or the front (not the cool articulating arm). Also, the FL uses the smaller round table (like in the Ascent) rather than the larger rectangular table of the TS. I imagine so that it fits better in the up front lounge.

One very big difference though is that the size of the countertop is greatly reduced in the FL compared to the TS. That difference is not properly shown on the PW’s illustrated floorplans on their website (as of today). In the TS there are two u-shaped drawers under the sink, missing in the FL. The electrical outlet was moved from the front of the cabinet to the side in the FL, below the main panel.

The photos show the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FLvsTS.jpg (181.6 KB, 73 views)
B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #7

Thanks for the counter comparison pics B2Play. The FL was on our short list but no longer after seeing that. No counter space whatsoever. Not understanding why this was at all necessary when it seemed the changes needed to implement the front lounge space were all on the driver side in shifting the closet to the back.
MrPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoppins View Post
...Not understanding why this was at all necessary when it seemed the changes needed to implement the front lounge space were all on the driver side in shifting the closet to the back.

Notice the carpeted area underneath the round table on the FL floorplan has been greatly enlarged. It is elevated a couple inches, a small step up from the linoleum. Notice the side-door entryway. It appears there are only inches to step in between the carpeted area and the lower linoleum floor. The way they chose to design for this was to make the cabinet, and thus the countertop smaller AND that eliminates two drawers, leaving only one large drawer under the microwave.

Sadly, these illustrated floorpans do not show the actual cabinet layout of the FL.

I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't place the touch-control display on the end of the upper cabinet, and then make a flip up extension for extra counter, like the Ascent does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LexorVaries.jpg (109.2 KB, 36 views)
B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:14 AM   #9

Definitely a misleading illustrated floor plan. Totally agree on the flip up extension being weird oversight that could have been a good compromise. I honestly see the lack of counter space being a major deal killer for this model for most people.

As the cook in the family can’t imagine trying to prep or cook a legit meal in this thing. Maybe they are thinking people will have the table up front at meal time so use that for prep/cook. Just disappointed personally as Sprinter chassis is something I am looking to avoid if possible so was excited about another Promaster based model to consider. Need a front workspace so wife and I can work on the laptops in separate areas so TS doesn’t work for us.
MrPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
Silver Member

Does anyone know if the wall directly behind the drivers seat in the Lexor TS restricts the drivers seat adjustment much more than the counter top in the Travato K? I'm sure it prevents the drivers seat from reclining as far, but does it also restrict the front to back slide adjustment of the seat more in the Lexor than the Travato? Thanks.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I was very happy when I learned of the Lexor FL and pretty much decided that was the way I would go, but now, the loss of counter space and kitchen storage would seem to have squashed that idea for us.

I need now to take a look at a Travato with the twin beds (59K?) maybe that us the better compromise for us.

I am sure there are many design complexities, but it is such a shame that PW could not have engineered the FL without losing so much. The problem seems to be created by the extended elevated floor up front - I would have opted for no extension on the passenger side, (or a much smaller one). Maybe some either fold out of portable footstool could be provided for the the passenger side and the galley counter left alone.

With that arrangement, the FL would still be my choice!

I agree too with comments about flip up counter extensions - best would be one each end in my view!

Brian
Old 01-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #12

I have been looking at the Luxor FL myself. I think you might be hard-pressed to get a flip up extension on the left-hand side because of the multiplex display. However, on the right hand side, it would be great. You might not get Corian if you did it yourself, but there’s no reason you couldn’t do a nice hardwood.
Grammie27 is offline   Reply With Quote