Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #401
Platinum Member

Default Re: New Roadtrek RS E-Trek

Davydd,

What about venting the right side box and using it to store 1lb disposable bottles in addition to your previous idea of enlarging and venting the left side box to hold a 4.25 lb cylinder and a short hose? I would think disposable bottles would fit just fine as is on the right side. Disposable bottles are useful for propane lanterns.
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #402
Platinum Member

The right box could be vented but it could not be enlarged in width because of the exhaust pipe and frame locking it in. I've carried disposable 1 lb. cylinders and on a typical 6 week trip I would use maybe two at the most. If the left box is enlarged enough to hold the 4.25 lb. cylinder I suspect there would be room to put a 1 lb. cylinder in as well. The other location to carry 1 lb. cylinders would be the outside skirt slideout storage box where the the electrical cord would be carried. There is room there as well as it is bigger than my Great West Van box that I have used for the cylinders.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #403
Platinum Member

I am a little confused. Wouldn't the right side box hold disposable bottles as is?
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #404
Platinum Member

Sure. It will be just another storage compartment. It doesn't have to be vented as I am sure a lot of people carry disposables inside their vans. Disposables don't have a knob someone could accidentally or ignorantly open up. Venting is just an extra safety measure. I don't think there is a law that prevents it. If the as is battery box is converted to a storage box it might already be vented. Preferably I would rather it not be vented if I did not use the box for propane but I think those buttons you see on the end of the box might be vents. I got caught up in an Arizona sand storm once and my underfloor battery boxes filled with sand. I'm not going to quibble. A little bit of duct tape will fix that.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote