Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

Default New Roadtrek Simplicity

Hello all, we just picked up our new Roadtrek Simplicity. I can see no issue with missing screws or problems. But maybe I just have Rose colored glasses.

I hope we can go out for our first trip this afternoon/tomorrow.

Because the old Hymer warranty does not apply, we bought a 3rd party warranty that Roadtrek will honor.

There is a lot to learn about, between the chassis, appliances and the front panel with GPS and other stuff.
Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Bud
Platinum Member

"Because the old Hymer warranty does not apply, we bought a 3rd party warranty that Roadtrek will honor."

Is this something new? Roadtrek sold it?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
"Because the old Hymer warranty does not apply, we bought a 3rd party warranty that Roadtrek will honor."

Is this something new? Roadtrek sold it?
I'd say that it is likely that Nature was misinformed by whoever sold her/him this warranty. I avoid those things like the plague. Any salesman who said that was lying and personally I would insist on a refund. There is NO third party warranty that would be or will be honored by Roadtrek. (which is dead and gone) Rapido, the French company that has purchased the remains of the company is only honoring the warranties on those of us who purchased our rigs before the Feb 15 bankruptcy.

I haven't had any screws fall out of mine yet. But keep an eye because the vibrations of driving easily work them out because Roadtrek consistently used screws that are a bit too short for their job. Best to replace them with a bit of glue and a slightly longer screw.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I'd say that it is likely that Nature was misinformed by whoever sold her/him this warranty. I avoid those things like the plague. Any salesman who said that was lying and personally I would insist on a refund. There is NO third party warranty that would be or will be honored by Roadtrek. (which is dead and gone) Rapido, the French company that has purchased the remains of the company is only honoring the warranties on those of us who purchased our rigs before the Feb 15 bankruptcy.
I suspect that what was meant was that Rapido would cash the check in the unlikely event that you could get the third-party warranty people to send them one.

Remember that third-party "warranties" are not really warranties at all--they are pre-paid service contracts. Universally terrible products.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Why would Rapido be involved at all? They won't be doing any work on this rig. It will be some dealer somewhere or whoever the warranty company sends them to... Or I should say "warranty" LOL. Or are you referring their possible selling of replacement parts to some dealer?

I agree as far as these useless 3rd party warranties...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 06-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #6

Sorry I misspoke, I meant that the dealer where we bought the Road Trek will honor our warranty.
Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Sorry I misspoke, I meant that the dealer where we bought the Road Trek will honor our warranty.
OK, that makes more sense... But, who else will honor it? Unless you never leave town, what about repairs on the road?

Our Simplicitys are basic rigs so there isn't all that much to worry about. These warranties are pretty much wasted money for the vast majority who buy them. If you haven't already done so, I would join the Zion and Simplicity Owners group on Facebook. The files section on the page has all the manuals... and photos and instructions for most of the common fixes.

Such as: Common issue is the fridge tends to freeze everything because the thermostat is wired wrong from Norcold. Easy fix.

If you plan to use the rig off-grid, you should probably start saving up for a second battery as the small Group 27 is only 100 ah, requiring careful management. I had it removed and replaced with 2 Group 31s. Do you have the underhood generator? Solar is another great option to add to the Simplicity.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 06-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
If you plan to use the rig off-grid, you should probably start saving up for a second battery as the small Group 27 is only 100 ah, requiring careful management. I had it removed and replaced with 2 Group 31s.
They did a custom support? Any pictures and more information?

By the way, the Simplicity has a Group 31 (105 Ah) from factory.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Rapido, the French company that has purchased the remains of the company is only honoring the warranties on those of us who purchased our rigs before the Feb 15 bankruptcy.
Is it official now? Can we have work done under warranty?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #10

My understanding as per communication on Alvarez and Marsal/EHGNA.com (receiver)is that the new owners, Rapido, will honor warrantee work within 2 years of purchase up to $1,500.
Doc Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:43 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimura View Post
They did a custom support? Any pictures and more information?

By the way, the Simplicity has a Group 31 (105 Ah) from factory.
According to the brochure, website, order form, mine, and everyone else I know. It is a 100 ah battery... a Group 27.

My dealer used something off the shelf called a QuickBox and it says Group 27 on it, but it holds the Group 31 just like the RT box. It is just in front of the RT box. I am unable to insert photos here.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 06-14-2019, 12:53 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
According to the brochure, website, order form, mine, and everyone else I know. It is a 100 ah battery... a Group 27
Mine is a 8A31DT (105 Ah - Group 31). Strange.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #13
Platinum Member

One thing about Roadtrek was that they were ever inconsistent. It is one of the things that makes their electrical systems so difficult to troubleshoot and repair. (for those with all the bells and whistles in those systems)

Lucky you... now you just need to get another one in front of it and you are much better set up for a weekend of camping anywhere and easily run the fridge, lights, and charge your electronics.

If you have the underhood generator, you can even run the microwave and AC for awhile. Solar is also a great addition to extend your battery power.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 06-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #14
Bronze Member

I have a 2018 and love it. I can get through a night easily with the battery. Have a suitcase 120 solar and it does teh job to charging as soon as teh sun comes up. A second battery probably would just make it sweeter.
Whynot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new mexico, new owner, roadtrek, simplicity