Old 07-22-2015, 01:13 AM   #1

Default New Treking Blues - 2015 RT TS

Hello and thank you for allowing me to be included in this forum. My wife and I are new owners of a 2015 Roadtrek TS Adventurous E-Trek on our 2nd month of operation since driving from Texas to California. We're quickly learning a couple of things. First, no two RT's are built alike. Second, the manuals rarely match the what is actually installed from third party manufacturers. Third, the dealer we purchased it from has no business pretending they know about the workings of our unit, and most importantly, the folks at RT and those representing them are very thin skinned when it comes to suggesting inferior workmanship or engineering in their product.

All that being said, I've been told by some that in this forum I might get some honest answers to my questions from fellow Trekers who might have similar issues that I have had with mine, particularly 2014 and newer models. I'm just trying to figure out the difference between possible warranty items, user error or misunderstanding, and just plain poor engineering by RT. I hope anyone reading doesn't consider my questions or comments as whining. I'm just trying to get some answers and will post them in small threads so as not to appear too dissatisfied. My thanks in advance for anyone who has input for me.

Fr8rcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 AM   #2
Platinum Member

we are usually not biased although we do have some preferences. I do own a roadtrek zion,

the problem is that there are very few TS's out there. I don;t know if we can give you more than general help.

also the key thing on this-the E-trek package gives you a full 6 year warranty on everything accept the MB sprinter part.

thats every appliance and thing in the van and battery system.

gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I think everyone here will be as helpful as they can be, and there are lot of folks that have a lot of knowledge.

Roadtrek does have thin skin when folks question their godliness of design, and also don't want to tell you anything about what you bought, other than "trust us".

Post up what you need, and hopefully folks will be able to help you out. Plus we all get to learn some stuff in the process.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:41 AM   #4
Platinum Member

you could seach out the name Arnold Barrett on facebook. he was banned from the roadtrekkers site for complaining about his TS. he's the only other person i know with one.

all his posts are deleted accept one from longer ago. if you search the roadtreekers facebook site using the search term Arnold Barrett one of his earlier posts comes up. you might be able to direct contact if you click on his name
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:54 AM   #5

Just joined the forum so that I could respond to your post. I am selling my 2015 E-trek equipped RT due to hype being greater than reality, at least for me. If you are able to PM or provide an email contact for correspondence I would gladly share my reasons.
XROADTREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:11 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I think people would appreciate seeing them in public. More information on what to buy and what not to buy is always helpful.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:35 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Unfortunately there is no "popcorn" on this forum's "smilie" list so just imagine it's here on this comment.
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:37 AM   #8
Platinum Member

XRoadtrek, I agree with Bruceper: folks considering a major purchase like an RV will scour the forums looking for information to help them make a good decision. As long as the post is factual with minimal disparaging remarks, it can be a very good public service. RT is pushing the notion that they have accomplished electrical independence for their customers. A lot of potential RVers would like that. But if they have not delivered on their promises, that is also worth sharing the details.
Thanks in advance for sharing those details.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:14 AM   #9
Bronze Member

Fr8rcapt, I ordered a 2016 Zion with Ecotrek 200 and volt trek. Imagine how nervous I am about the volt trek. RT has problems with getting the bugs out of their new technology. Thankfully, I think I can get help here without being labeled a whiner.
sammie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:59 AM   #10
Platinum Member

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of information from RT. I get they don't want to divulge the guts of what's in their black box. But you'd think they'd show you what the control panel looks like - how you monitor what's going on and know it's working properly.

So far, all I can glean is that you get the same set of dummy lights on a black panel that a traditional Roadtrek has.

wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote