Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #1

Default Newbie Intro & First Question

Greetings All
Just want to say Hi to everyone.After starting this quest with wanting a class C I now know that would be unmanagable for me.Many years ago I saw a class B at an RV show and did not like it,but now it seems just right.I will have lots of questions for you but will start with just one.I saw a used RT 190p a few days ago and it is equiped with a 4.9 instead of the more popular 6.0 engine.I am woundering if anyone who has one could tell me what kind of gas milage they are getting and if they think it has enough power for them.I do not plan on towing anything.

Thanks, Rich
In Hunt For Class B
camper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Newbie Intro & First Question

Hi Rich & welcome to this forum & the small(er) World of Class B.
I'm not sure what a 4.9L converts to, but it sounds like circa. 289 to 300 Cubic inch. And depends on whether it is a Dodge or Chevrolet motor/chassis. - What year model is it?
We have an '02 Chev. RoadTrek 190 Versatile with 5.7 L (350c.i.) motor.
Have put about 26K miles on it in 2yrs we've owned it. Now shows 54k+/-.
We live in Central Arizona and travel all of the Western & midWest States, so do a lot of mountain hi-ways. I often feel that the 350 motor is underpowered for the size & weight of our R/T. And the fuel mileage is not Great. We've gotten as low as 11-mpg & sometimes - maybe 15+! Always at or below speed limits (75 or less). Our plan is to run this one up to about 80K+ miles, then sell it to get into a 6L or larger motor (Ford or Chev).
Best wishes for your Class B hunt. Regards, Ric. in Ariz.
AZ ADVenturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #3

Default Re: Newbie Intro & First Question

It was a 2010 Chevrolet chassis with 19,000 miles on it.I really want a 210 Popular.Just tring to see if this one may have a benifit in better fuel economy.I dont think we will ever see cheap fuel prices again and it will only go up.
Rich
camper123 is offline   Reply With Quote