Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #21
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
I still don't understand why so many RVs, especially Class Cs, are painted with swoopy-doopy lines. What makes it worse is that some companies charge extra for it!

It is called human animal emotion/feelings. Mr Spock has stated that he does NOT understand those and never will. Human animal emotions/feelings are by definition illogical/irrational, so he will never understand human animal emotions/feelings.

Those human animal class c's and other classes swoopy-doopy...... are there because many human animals do understand. SiennaGuy, you may understand someday.

I agree with Spock as I don't understand some of the human animal 'stuff', e.g. paranormal stuff.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
I still don't understand why so many RVs, especially Class Cs, are painted with swoopy-doopy lines. What makes it worse is that some companies charge extra for it!
It also hides imperfections in fiberglass and paint.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #23
Platinum Member

While I do not particularly like the huge amounts of graphics they use on C's, B's, and even big A's, I do understand that most of them can be extraordinarily plain and ugly without something to take them from being a big box. When everything was white, it was even worse ( I think this has been mentioned before ), as are the units with all or mostly square corners. Leisure can get by with much less "enhancement" I think, because of their more rounded and pleasing shape.

Now that the class b's are in more body styles and colors, less graphics are seeming to be used, which is good. It will be interesting to see how the color thing works out over time, especially in the hot parts of the country. No matter how well you insulate them, a charcoal van is going to be much hotter in the sun than a white or silver one. We have the Roadtrek "sand" color, and it is also pretty hot, and the charcoal running boards and sidepods extremely hot. I painted the roof very bright silver which has helped, and also given some comparison of heat absorptions of the colors, all on the same side, and the difference is quite noticeable.

Perhaps if there is an art major here somewhere they would be able explain all of that kind of stuff to us.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I removed the badging on the rear door with a solvent and a plastic scraper. I did this because the word "Motorhome" was used. And where I often park it is possible some might take exception to an "RV" taking up a parking space.

I think when the weather gets warm I might go ahead and remove the rest of them. I like the clean look. I'm not kidding myself about the "stealth" factor. I find it hard to believe anyone would mistake my 190P for a regular van.
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
IMO, trying to make a B a stealth vehicle by just removing decals is a waste of time. You won't fool anybody. If you want stealth, you should also plaster some magnetic signs on the coach saying JAKE'S PLUMBING & HEATING or something to that effect.
I'm thinking "A HOLE Septic Tank Cleaning LTD." would scare most anyone away.
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
I'm thinking "A HOLE Septic Tank Cleaning LTD." would scare most anyone away.
You know, you may be on to a niche market here - a mobile dump station for "RVers with tanks filled to the brim.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote