Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Odds. And ends!

We are still considering a new b on the promaster chassis, also looking at RT 190. One issue is where to store lawn chairs ,Q etc we also have a clam screen room tent , probably need to leave the clam at home except local short trips. But unless we option for the elec sofa so we can store chairs underneath it means putting them outside rain or shine while even stopping o,night to allow full use of living space . I am looking at a 190 RT this morning and think their under sofa storage is even narrower and bracing will obstruct storage space. One other consideration is the winnebego 59k model we like the look of their layout does anyone know if the have a spare underneath. And how do you handle the chair and bbq situation? We notice here in Canada there seem to be a number of smaller companies build b models on the pro master chassis mainly in the prov of Quebec.
scroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Platinum Member

2 of the biggest are roadtrek ( kitchener) and pleasure-way ( saskatoon).

I have an older chev based PW Lexor TD, I have some storage under the pass side rear bench ( which converts to a bed) I have right now a couple of folding chairs ( the kind that fit into a bag) and a hammock and some other stuff including my leveling blocks.
across the back in front of the doors, I have the crank and support for the awning and some fishing rods

from what I've seen motorized sofa models have less room for storage.

the one I tried was a tetris of cushions to make a lumpy bed

our spare tire is mounted to the rear, we have a genny underneath

as for bbq- I wouldn;t let my wife bring one...why? because a bbq and the charcoal are a dirty mess I don;t want in the van ever- imagine the clean up and the odors...
the van has 2 gas burners and we have a small 1 burner butane cassette feu for use outside. either of which are superior for cooking
sometimes we make a campfire

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Check out the Pleasure-Way Promaster Lexor. If you visit the page below watch the video and go to 3:15 in the video to see the amount of room under the bed.

Pleasure-Way ProMaster Lexor TS
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The K has plenty of storage for lawn chairs, folding tables and a small bbq under the bed. The space is 19" deep x 11" wide x 54" long. I fit quite a bit in there.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:58 AM   #5

Get a hitch mounted stowaway2. that's what we use to lock up chairs, grill, and other things.
robp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Have you looked at the Safari Condo XL Flex Promaster? Lots of storage.
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
Silver Member

Thanks for all the good suggestions ,the only pro master based unit we have seen is the Zion. That winnebego travato 59k series is interesting. Unfortunately there are limited dealers in the Far East.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Maybe consider the RV show in Quebec City in March. Safari Condo is at the Montreal RV show now but Quebec City would be doable for you? Depending on whether you need to order a new unit or not, ordering a Travato would require you to look at the exchange rate. If there is a unit already in NB, then the dealer has already factored in whatever additional costs for FX.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
Silver Member

Cruise FX I am unsure about the safari again not having seen one ,a few things we would like are twin bed option,compressor fridge ,sink in bathroom,micro convection, solar and engine generator if possible it seems near impossible to get everything on one unit . I am concluding you currently are a safari owner. If you would care to pm me and share your thoughts and pics also ballpark pricing I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Scroller
Old 02-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Scroller

Actually I am a Roadtrek owner....2004 190 Versatile...purchased in 2014. Located in Ontario.

I am considering a change in vehicle and Safari Condo is on my list. I also want the compressor fridge...convection microwave...solar and engine generator but not so keen on the current RT floor plans.

I am considering Promaster or Sprinter
Old 02-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #11
Silver Member

I am hesitant about the Benz chassis ,one sees lots of reports of various conditions causing loss of power or limp mode, and expensive maintenance costs vs gas models. I have had experience with diesel both ford when I had a fiver as well as a Cummings in a class a. And on both units we have been either stopped completely or limped to service. Not a fun thing I can assure you. At my time in life I have no desire to revisit that scenario .

Cheers,
Scroller