Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default On the road documention handling

About 3-4 years ago, we ditched the folder full of manuals for all the stuff in the Roadtrek, and got electronic copies on the laptop. Much easier than having the big black document bag and folder that Roadtrek sent with the van originally. I know we could get many of them online, but we often don't have a good internet connection in the places we like.

Finally realized the laptop hadn't been updated for a long, long, time , so we had lots of manuals for stuff we don't have anymore, and lots missing. I was very surprised how much had changed. Up to date now.

For those of us who tweak a lot, keeping up on the documentation is certainly needed more often that we had been doing.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:44 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I don;t know if this is unique to PW, there is a space for docs under the pass seat.

I keep everything van related there incl. my updated notes and scribbley diagrams for "improvements". and paperwork for repairs, services and warranties.

I like the paper- but I do have digital manuals on my laptop for many of the systems.

One of the apps i use has the facility to record services etc, but I don;t use that- faster to scribble

the center console carries the dogs vac and rabies certs and license.

our passports travel in a secret hidey hole along with my laptop when the van is on it's own.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #3
Platinum Member

We have hard copies in a plastic "box" folder in the back of the VW EVC.

Digital copies (pdfs - mostly scans) on my iPad via iBooks. Passports on recent Canada trip in secret hidden spot; Passport ID cards in our wallets.

If we want even more redundancy, we could upload to Google Drive, too.