Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #21
Bronze Member

climate right has a DIY mini split
https://climateright.com/mini-split-...er-heater.html

Portability

Unlike traditional ductless split systems, ClimateRight can be disconnected and moved. Remarkably, this is the only split system that you can take with you.
PinIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit View Post
@MotoVan

I like your idea and the easy removal. But I like the concept of a mini split system because it has a separate outdoor unit that makes it like a two pipe system which is the way home AC works. Having the outdoor unit would require effort every time it is used and could be stolen though. Like every RV choice, it would have pros and cons.

Have you used yours much yet with or without a window open?
Yes, I have used mine a little. There seems to be a fair amount of air openings in the van because it runs okay even with the windows closed.

It needs a pure sine wave inverter though. It was not kicking in to its max cooling with my modified sine wave inverter, so last night I ordered a new inverter. I will test it over the 4th of July weekend when we will go van camping outside of the Red Bud National motocross track.

I am a long-time user of single-duct air conditioners. I have had one in my master bedroom for over 4 years already, and it works great. Even in a large single bedroom you still need some fresh air coming in, else it will get stuffy and smelly there. It applies even more to vans and cars. What happens when you have your car's A/C or heater in a recirculating mode? Your windows fog up first, and then if you have an older car you start smelling exhaust fumes. With a ductless or a dual-hose recirculating system you would either have to keep a window open or run a fresh air intake fan.
MotoVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #23
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinIN View Post
climate right has a DIY mini split
https://climateright.com/mini-split-...er-heater.html

Portability

Unlike traditional ductless split systems, ClimateRight can be disconnected and moved. Remarkably, this is the only split system that you can take with you.
Here is another idea
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-...5yc1vZc4m4Zfyu
Paul the Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote