Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Owner's Manual / Schematics needed

Problem: I am a new owner of a 2000 RT 190 Pop (Dodge), and I am still investigating the systems in this vehicle. Example: The "LP shutoff" wing handle next to the gasoline cap allows the range cooktop to operate when in the clockwise "off" position (even with the propane tank knob shut off). Furnace does not work in this position though. I could really use an owner's manual that is more comprehensive than the tiny tome posted on the Roadtrek website. (why don't they post the proper illustrated owner's manual?_)

A (close, but no cigar) good example on what I seek is here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/62...rhome-Van.html
This would be perfect if only it were for my year and my Dodge platform.

How do I find out my true LP piping system..... and for that matter my water plumbing system too?

Thanks for your help, you fellow owners are a valuable source for me.
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklugie View Post
Problem: I am a new owner of a 2000 RT 190 Pop (Dodge), and I am still investigating the systems in this vehicle. Example: The "LP shutoff" wing handle next to the gasoline cap allows the range cooktop to operate when in the clockwise "off" position (even with the propane tank knob shut off). Furnace does not work in this position though. I could really use an owner's manual that is more comprehensive than the tiny tome posted on the Roadtrek website. (why don't they post the proper illustrated owner's manual?_)

A (close, but no cigar) good example on what I seek is here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/62...rhome-Van.html
This would be perfect if only it were for my year and my Dodge platform.

How do I find out my true LP piping system..... and for that matter my water plumbing system too?

Thanks for your help, you fellow owners are a valuable source for me.
Go here:

You are being redirected...

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I can only fine the small, less -than-helpful brochures on the Roadtrek site.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
Platinum Member

cooktop actually operating or bleeding off built up pressure in the lines after you close the valve at the tank?

for the systems in my van ( PW) I pretty much tracked everything from the tanks to the appliances/ water taps by removing the cushions and peering into cabinets with flashlight.

I've had no problems, just wanted to see the layout- this contributed to my high opinion of the craftmanship in my van.

in my van the cooktop is on top of the fridge, the furnace is in the same cabinet- so all 3 are together. The water heater is at the rear under the cushion, close to the propane tank.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
I can only fine the small, less -than-helpful brochures on the Roadtrek site.
Go to the link provided by Bud. It takes you to the proper Roadtrek page. Go down the page to manuals and you have to type in the year and then chose from the drop down for "dodge."

A 32 page manual downloaded into Acrobat quickly.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Default Not exactly what I was looking for

Thanks Mumkin, but the 32 page manual on the Roadtrek that Bud sent me to is precisely the abbreviated booklet that I described. It is lacking lots of specifics, diagrams, etc. It seems puzzling that Roadtrek would not post proper, detailed information.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks Mumkin, but the 32 page manual on the Roadtrek that Bud sent me to is precisely the abbreviated booklet that I described. It is lacking lots of specifics, diagrams, etc. It seems puzzling that Roadtrek would not post proper, detailed information.
Correct, the manuals are not good, and Roadtrek agrees. Well at least your and my vintages. There are errors in mine.

You'll be able to reason stuff out with assistance here on the forum.

Bud
Old 02-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Even worse is that Roadtrek will refuse to give you any information on much of the system stuff. No wiring diagrams, no charging system information, not much of anything. They say it is all proprietary and take it to a dealer. Very frustrating.

Our 07 C190P had the surround sound wired incorrectly, with mixed up, unlabeled wires on the selector switch that has about a billion speaker wire connections, and Roadtrek would not send my diagram of the switch wiring or a pin out on the switch. Our dealer was useless, so we spent nearly on entire day trying to identify where all the wires went, and why it was wired as it was, and of course we also couldn't be sure it was not in the wall or speaker wiring error, so all of that also had to be opened up.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:00 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I appreciate your help as well as candor. I will figure it out. By the way, this link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/62...rhome-Van.html although is not quite my year... or even vehicle (this is for a Chevy) it is quite helpful Thanks all!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #10
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
I appreciate your help as well as candor. I will figure it out. By the way, this link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/62...rhome-Van.html although is not quite my year... or even vehicle (this is for a Chevy) it is quite helpful Thanks all!

Concerning Mr. booster's candor, there is some truth to it.

Roadtrek will not provide details on what 'they' think is proprietary. Some would say they will not 'admit' to dumb stuff they come up with..........

Anyway, my guess is they just did not know what they had done with that specific 190. An example would be you tell them your VIN which is what they have to have. The question is what outlets are wired for inverter 110 volts? They can't tell me with my 05/04 190 with the VIN. Some were wired with only the tv cabinet with some that and the outlet by the kitchen sink/stove.

Roadtrek can be helpful, or not. Give them a try as needed.

Hey, booster and me plus many more are here too.

Bud
Old 01-01-2021, 12:16 PM   #11

Default re visit this issue for 2021

Quote:
. Example: The "LP shutoff" wing handle next to the gasoline cap allows the range cooktop to operate when in the clockwise "off" position (even with the propane tank knob shut off)
I have a 2002 RT 190 Popular Dodge, and I have the exact same symptoms as gklugie above. I shut handle next to gas cap, and the main tank knob also OFF, and the range continues to get propane supply. It's not just some left over propane in the hoses, as I let the stove top burn for 15 minutes. I haven't checked to see if the furnace also lights up, but I will later.

Has any other RT owners found this problem? I suspect that the main tank valve has gone bad. I want to shut the propane system off to repair the stove top. (And of course I want the ability to shut it off anytime I need to)

First post here, thanks all
Doug
02D190P
doug86gould@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:47 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug86gould@gmail.com View Post
I have a 2002 RT 190 Popular Dodge, and I have the exact same symptoms as gklugie above. I shut handle next to gas cap, and the main tank knob also OFF, and the range continues to get propane supply. It's not just some left over propane in the hoses, as I let the stove top burn for 15 minutes. I haven't checked to see if the furnace also lights up, but I will later.

Has any other RT owners found this problem? I suspect that the main tank valve has gone bad. I want to shut the propane system off to repair the stove top. (And of course I want the ability to shut it off anytime I need to)

First post here, thanks all
Doug
02D190P

Welcome to the forum Doug!

I don't have a Roadtrek or the problem you describe, but I'm sure some of the helpful folks here will be along to assist.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote