Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #1

Default P-W Pursuit "Owners Manual"?

Good morning,

We are new owners of a gently used 2013 P-W Pursuit. It's our first motorhome, looking forward to the experience.

While the P-W came with many component instruction and operation manuals they are all for the specialized various components of the vehicle. There doesn't seem to be a single P-W owners manual that covers the whole vehicle.

Does anyone know of such a manual? Tying this all together for a new owner is a challenge.

Thanks, Mark
mls1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm sure they have one. Phone or email them. Pleasure-Way Industries - Pleasure-Way Industries I've asked and received a couple of manuals for other models in the past & I know others here have also.

In the meantime:

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #3

Default Thanks

Appreciate the link. That's a great video and their expert truly is one, seen before. I've cast around and found plenty of what are essentially marketing publications, nothing that says "Owners Manual" specific to the model.

I may be trying for something that doesn't exist. Really hoping for something that starts with.."Welcome to your 2013 Pursuit..." and talks to the whole vehicle.

Truth be told, as this is the first motorhome I think I need a general primer too. I'm one of those that will figure everything out over time but discover years later I've been doing it the hard way!

I will poke PW to see what they have but I would think it would have been findable out there on the web if it existed.

Thanks again (I'll surely be back!).
Old 10-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls1919 View Post
Appreciate the link. That's a great video and their expert truly is one, seen before. I've cast around and found plenty of what are essentially marketing publications, nothing that says "Owners Manual" specific to the model.

I may be trying for something that doesn't exist. Really hoping for something that starts with.."Welcome to your 2013 Pursuit..." and talks to the whole vehicle.

Truth be told, as this is the first motorhome I think I need a general primer too. I'm one of those that will figure everything out over time but discover years later I've been doing it the hard way!

I will poke PW to see what they have but I would think it would have been findable out there on the web if it existed.

Thanks again (I'll surely be back!).

Are you looking for a manual on "RV Living"?

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls1919 View Post

::

PleasureWay has the exact video you are looking for:

https://youtu.be/6bQixMnM-Qg?t=27

(it says 14 )
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
Platinum Member

for tips like "how do we"

empty the tanks

fill the propane etc.

these are common rv tasks and youtube is a great resource of the proper way

the wrong way(s)

and some innovations

a new or crusty rv owner can get alot from other owners experiences online and in the camp ground.

my street has 3 PW's, a 99 excel 4wd self conversion, a 2016 and our 06 lexor- there is alot of commonality among our 3 vehicles and it's fun to compare notes and see how other people are using the rv

another great source are sales videos on youtube from dealers- they may point out features you hadn;t thought of

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:03 PM   #7

Something focused on the systems more than lifestyle would be helpful.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:04 PM   #8

That is quite the collection of experience all in one place. Probably not much that at least one of you doesn't know the answer to.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:45 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Most motorhomes of the same age range have the same types of systems. So looking on Youtube for a video on how to empty your grey and black tanks will show you how to do it.

The walkthrough video posted above will show you most of your systems, and from there you can ask specific questions on the forum or search for a video on Youtube.

It's not the direct answer you're looking for, and no one is avoiding replying to you. But there's a thousand different things inside your unit that you might want to know about and no one has the time to detail them all to you due to a lack of time.

Video's will show much more than words can, and the Pleasure Way manual will be your first starting point in learning about your unit.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:53 AM   #10
Platinum Member

There is a ton info available here and on YouTube. The good news is you have selected and purchased the RV so you know which systems to research. It was a lot harder for me because we were trying to not only learn how things work but which ones we wanted. Lol We made a list and researched each system and then asked additional questions here. It was a actually a big part of the fun.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
Most motorhomes of the same age range have the same types of systems. So looking on Youtube for a video on how to empty your grey and black tanks will show you how to do it.

The walkthrough video posted above will show you most of your systems, and from there you can ask specific questions on the forum or search for a video on Youtube.

It's not the direct answer you're looking for, and no one is avoiding replying to you. But there's a thousand different things inside your unit that you might want to know about and no one has the time to detail them all to you due to a lack of time.

Video's will show much more than words can, and the Pleasure Way manual will be your first starting point in learning about your unit.
Good counsel, thanks for the reinforcement.

It's the small things that get you I'm learning. Yesterday I had it powered up from the house and was test firing systems to include the refrigerator. Couldn't figure out why the fridge (gas was off) kept trying to click on the gas burner. I know on auto it should have been going to 120v first. Figured I had a problem. After a couple of hours of checking fuzes, etc finally figured out that the house breaker had tripped. OF COURSE she was trying to light the burner. These are the learning events that experience may shorten a bit.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:24 PM   #12
Platinum Member

The house breaker tripping is a bit of an extenuating circumstance though. I hope you can smile about it afterwards.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:45 PM   #13

Marco--Indeed, P-W did have an owners manual for our rig. Sent me electrons today, it was exactly what I was looking for. Interesting that I never found any mention of one after an exhaustive interwebs search.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
The house breaker tripping is a bit of an extenuating circumstance though. I hope you can smile about it afterwards.
Oh, this doesn't even begin to tap my full potential for burned time and effort! But I am pretty good at not repeating the good ones!
Old 11-01-2016, 12:44 AM   #15
Platinum Member

I'm thinking about putting in a test / status light by the hubbel twistlock socket on the van...I carry a voltmeter with me and a plug adapter so that I can check voltage/polarity when we set up camp.
once plugged in with power...I have a small led nightlight in the head, and the clock on teh microwave let me know that my 120 is on and working.

there are bugaboos with breakers

1.) many PW models have the galley and ourdoors outlet protected by the GFCI outlet in teh head- so if these are ever dead, check the reset button there

also there are 12 volt breakers in a small cabinet under sofa or bed- these small black cubes when tripped, will have a small tab sticking out the side- this tab may be red or black- that is the reset- push it in to reset

we all live and learn as we go- some of these lessons are painful enough to embed into my ( cluttered) memory

if your 12 volt wiring uses automotive type fuses, go get a pack of spares now...before you need them!

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote