Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #1

Default Paint Number

This used Great West is a really nice rig. Its an 08 and am not getting feedback from the company re paint name or number. The van is 2 tone. Gold Ford color on most of the body but bottom is a darker trim. There is a paint number on door for the gold color but none for trim color. Have tried auto stores, body shop, and great west, Ford. Not sure if this is a Ford color or one mixed by Great West. Any suggestions?
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: Paint Number

Persevere.
I had the same issue with my '02 Roadtrek. Wanted some touch up paint for some minor repairs. I managed to get the paint code/number from Roadtrek service, but tracking down some of the original color resulted in a slew of dead ends, or very pricey small amounts of the product. I eventually found a close(st) match at Canadian Tire. The original blue/green paint that Roadtrek used was a BMW paint color from the early '90s.
I also discovered some paint/body shops will custom mix/match colors for you. It's usually not cheap, though.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #3

Called Great West again. They finally called back and gave me numbers that I could not trace to the paint color. I did get 2 clues. One they said it was an 06 Ford color. I have an 08. Second it was called Mineral Grey. I did internet lookup and found under 06 the paint name. Numbers were different but my local auto store had the paint name and the aerosol spray. Local auto body wanted $400 to paint. I did the job for $8 and the paint was a good match. Kind of effort makes one feel pretty good.
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Nobody ever said owning a class B van was easy.
I often recall and apply the saying that, if you want something done right, you usually have to do it (or most of it) yourself.
Well done.