Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #1

Default Panoramic RV?

I've been looking for an ideal layout/setup forever that doesn't seem to exist in today's market.

What I want is basically a Hymer Aktiv 2.0 with a proper black tank (I hate cassette toilets) and at the minimum, fresh water tank properly insulated/heated against freezing when subject to slightly below freezing weather.

I'm a Canadian so none of the USA based conversion solution works (not legal to import USA converted vans back to Canada, apparently).

Given this, I am kinda hopeful that Safari Condo (Quebec based) has the solution in their Promaster Flex 21ft model, but as they have confirmed that their holding tanks are exposed and not heated. Otherwise, it would have been an ideal solution for me.

I've seen Panoramic RV (also Quebec based) mentioned few places in this form and got curious and checked their website out. Everything seems to check out ok. In some ways, even better than the Safari Condo. But no price is mentioned, nor the location of their holding tanks.

Has anyone worked with these guys before? How are their quality? Any details on the price or the tanks? (I did send them an e-mail few mins ago).

Hoping to find others who may have some experience with them already...

Link to their web: https://panoramicrv.com
Acei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I am not familiar with them, so I visited the website. I was impressed that it automatically switched to English without my doing anything.

BUT... the website is pretty useless because it is very incomplete and totally not user friendly. Somehow... no idea how... I managed to get to a specs page, but nothing else.

It is basically an Activ with a black tank. larger fridge, and no spare, but without a generator of any kind? (option of 2 AGMs and 300w solar)

Naturally one wonders about experience with build quality.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acei View Post
I've been looking for an ideal layout/setup forever that doesn't seem to exist in today's market.

What I want is basically a Hymer Aktiv 2.0 with a proper black tank (I hate cassette toilets) and at the minimum, fresh water tank properly insulated/heated against freezing when subject to slightly below freezing weather.

I'm a Canadian so none of the USA based conversion solution works (not legal to import USA converted vans back to Canada, apparently).

Given this, I am kinda hopeful that Safari Condo (Quebec based) has the solution in their Promaster Flex 21ft model, but as they have confirmed that their holding tanks are exposed and not heated. Otherwise, it would have been an ideal solution for me.

I've seen Panoramic RV (also Quebec based) mentioned few places in this form and got curious and checked their website out. Everything seems to check out ok. In some ways, even better than the Safari Condo. But no price is mentioned, nor the location of their holding tanks.

Has anyone worked with these guys before? How are their quality? Any details on the price or the tanks? (I did send them an e-mail few mins ago).

Welcome to the forum Acei!

I agree there are some nice features on european rv's, but cassette toilets is not one of them. I look at a standard black tank set up as being merely another dump valve to pull while you're already at the dump station emptying your gray water.

On the matter of four-season camping, so long as your fresh water tank & lines are inside, I don't see the gray and black tanks being nearly as difficult to winterize. Just adding rv antifreeze and working into the dump valves without the need to flush it later doesn't seem too bad. Tank heaters can also be installed, usually as a factory option.

But then, I live in South Texas where I don't have to winterize period.

EDIT: Ha, ha, saw your other post here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f7...html#post86629
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
If that is the only thing holding you back then go ahead and buy it and perform some minor upgrades. Insulation on the tanks and some heat would not be overly expensive.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I had not heard of Panoramic. The wait time for Safari Condo is something like 18 months, isn't it?

On the importation issue, I'm not sure how that works. I run into Americans who have imported Canadian-built Class Bs all the time (one of them rents a garage in the same storage facility I do).
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
Platinum Member

When you bring a vehicle cross boarder either direction you are subject to import rules and duties. No clear what it might mean for warranties. Be ready for some effort, but it seems doable in some cases.

Here’s a list of what can be imported from US to Canada. Many class Bs on the list. http://www.tc.gc.ca/motorvehiclesafe...Section5_2.htm

Also information here https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/roa...lity-list.html and here https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/roa...ed-states.html
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #7
Platinum Member

From that reference above, this is good to know:

"Vehicles fifteen (15) years old or older, as determined by the month and year of manufacture, and buses manufactured before January 1, 1971, are no longer regulated under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act by virtue of their age."
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #8
Gold Member

I was curious about them too, so I emailed them. I pasted their response below. They did give me a ballpark price of $117 - $140 CAD. I get the sense they're just starting up. I have not been to Quebec to check them out. I would want to see their fit and finish.

They seem to have read my mind when they made all their design choices. A well insulated Aktiv with a black tank.

I am hopeful they succeed.

Thank you for your interest in our RV's of Superior quality manufactured in Canada. You must have been looking hard to find us because we do not advertise much and our website is still only in french with a google translation… Sorry for that, I am working on the English version and hope to put it on line soon after Christmas.

To answer your questions, at first concerning the pricing, our range is between 117 000$ and 140 000$ depending on the options you would need. Mid-range is usually where it ends up, so very competitive in terms of pricing but the list of advantages is far ahead of what is currently available on the market.

When you ask concerning the flex and aktiv, I would say they hardly compare. I will simply point out that the Panoramic have a much larger 360 degres window surface, a full size dinning area, regular north american sewer system and a Canadian climate Insulation shell, all things that is missing on other products. If sometimes I heard customers comparing those products I must say they stop when they see the product.

Our product was designed by a group of users who were tired of the usual floorplans and low quality products offered, we were expecting more from a RV and couldn't find it so we decided to build it ! Not only have we travelled the world to source the best components, we hired some brilliant designers and engineers, our production line is up to aircraft standards and our vision for service is without compromised.

We Simply want to rewrite the rules of the industry !

We Don't have any dealers in BC but we'll probably work on this in the course of 2019. We are opening our two first dealers next month but we are still selling direct, although we are not offering financing or exchanges services.

If you are looking for a better RV you found it !

I hope it did answer your questions and let me know if you come near Chambly we can always welcome you at the plant, just make sure to call me a little bit ahead of time.

Best regards,
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #9

Default Canadian class b

Check out. www.galarv.com
Located in Terrbonne (north Montreal).
We have one and love it.
Fresh water tank is inside, grey and black underneath and not heated. LARGE tanks.
We have found Gala's build quality much much better than the 2 previous Bs we have owned (all bought new).
tydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #10

Quote:

Hi Acei
Don't rule out buying a van and building your own. Of course this depends a lot on your experience and situation but there are a lot of people out there that have done just that. Mine is built in a Promaster panel van with extensive insulation, tanks inside, 650 watts of solar and all electric operation with a total cost of about $50k. There is a lot of help available for people willing to take the plunge.
Billinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:35 AM   #11
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billinnc View Post
Hi Acei
Don't rule out buying a van and building your own. Of course this depends a lot on your experience and situation but there are a lot of people out there that have done just that. Mine is built in a Promaster panel van with extensive insulation, tanks inside, 650 watts of solar and all electric operation with a total cost of about $50k. There is a lot of help available for people willing to take the plunge.
Another option is to buy a van and have a custom shop convert it to your specs. I just had a Transit converted like a Aktiv with a black tank and real 2nd row seats and I love it.
http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...-off-8669.html
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydb View Post
Check out. Accueil | Gala RV*/ Véhicules récréatifs Classe B
Located in Terrbonne (north Montreal).
We have one and love it.
Fresh water tank is inside, grey and black underneath and not heated. LARGE tanks.
We have found Gala's build quality much much better than the 2 previous Bs we have owned (all bought new).
Thanks for the information - the Gala looks interesting!
Sherri L is offline   Reply With Quote