Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Panoramic rv

Wondering if anyone has any info on a Panoramic Rv on the promaster
apparently they are made in Quebec Canada. I watched a video on
You Tube about them and it looked pretty impressive its almost a complete
copy of the Hymer Acktiv.
Joe
mira1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

New review just out on youtube by Ultramobility. Neil does good reviews.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:27 AM   #3
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mira1 View Post
Wondering if anyone has any info on a Panoramic Rv on the promaster
apparently they are made in Quebec Canada. I watched a video on
You Tube about them and it looked pretty impressive its almost a complete
copy of the Hymer Acktiv.
Joe
Yes, I also saw the UltraMobility reviews as well - VERY IMPRESSED overall! In my opinion, its design and build represents a much higher quality, superbly refined version of the Hymer Aktiv 2.0 rear bed layout.

When first introduced, I liked the Aktiv from afar, but when looking at it in person found that too many corners were cut by Hymer when designing/building it. The bathroom was too small and had a flimsy plastic fold-down sink and a poorly designed shower head setup; The retainer bar for holding the bed in cargo/storage position felt like it would break within a short time; The table in the front lounge was a piece of crap; The rear side windows were too small; It was inadequately insulated; Had that low capacity cassette black tank... Ok, I'll stop there for now. This could have been an excellent coach with some better design/manufacturing decisions. I'm sure that many owners have performed mods to fix some of these issues.

The Panoramic seems to have none of these shortcomings - It has set the bar appreciably higher. The coach is now on my short list for my next purchase in early 2020.
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:13 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I agree it fixes many of the Hymer shortcomings (doubt I'll ever warm to the idea of a cassette toilet) and actually exceeds nearly every class b in tank sizes.

The negative for me is the 74" cross sleeping bed as I am 6'2" tall. I also wonder if the shades in the down position interfere with the window offset that allows even that much length. But if you're under 6 ft. tall, it should not be a problem. I really like all the useful space beneath the bed and I'm glad to see greater innovation int the class b market.

Give it a 400 ah lithium option, compressor fridge, and couple more inches in bed length and I'd say it'd be nearly perfect.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I agree it fixes many of the Hymer shortcomings (doubt I'll ever warm to the idea of a cassette toilet) and actually exceeds nearly every class b in tank sizes.

The negative for me is the 74" cross sleeping bed as I am 6'2" tall. I also wonder if the shades in the down position interfere with the window offset that allows even that much length. But if you're under 6 ft. tall, it should not be a problem. I really like all the useful space beneath the bed and I'm glad to see greater innovation int the class b market.

Give it a 400 ah lithium option, compressor fridge, and couple more inches in bed length and I'd say it'd be nearly perfect.
I'm also in the 6'2" dilemma. In the narrower and smaller Winnebago Revel with its rear side wall bump-outs I can fit comfortably on the bed and stretch out. If the 74" shown in the Panoramic specs for the bed is the mattress width, coupled with the fact that a pillow lifts one's head a bit and buys about 2 inches, I'm hoping that I can fit comfortably without going diagonal. The large rear side windows seem to have at least a slight bump out effect as in the Revel. I agree that any space lost with the shades in the down position could be the deciding factor in properly fitting a 6'2" body in the bed.

Otherwise, the excellent fit and finish, quality materials, brilliant use of space, large refrigerator, windows and holding tanks, and its available options make me willing to travel a considerable distance to see the unit in person to make a final decision.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaGeek View Post
I'm also in the 6'2" dilemma. In the narrower and smaller Winnebago Revel with its rear side wall bump-outs I can fit comfortably on the bed and stretch out. If the 74" shown in the Panoramic specs for the bed is the mattress width, coupled with the fact that a pillow lifts one's head a bit and buys about 2 inches, I'm hoping that I can fit comfortably without going diagonal. The large rear side windows seem to have at least a slight bump out effect as in the Revel. I agree that any space lost with the shades in the down position could be the deciding factor in properly fitting a 6'2" body in the bed.

Otherwise, the excellent fit and finish, quality materials, brilliant use of space, large refrigerator, windows and holding tanks, and its available options make me willing to travel a considerable distance to see the unit in person to make a final decision.
I wish there were more cross-sleep beds using bump-outs like the Revel. If you have to have single beds, then they're not for you. But otherwise, they can save 20" for additional galley, storage, or bathroom. In a class b, that's a tremendous amount of space.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #7
Platinum Member

This was part of an email I received from them:

"We expect to deliver our first units for the US market early next year. We are at this time working along with a few visionary US customers who will be the first US owners and for whom we made direct sales. Our first unit is expected to set wheels in the US April 2020.

Now concerning the pricing, our range is between 110 000$ and 135 000 USD$ depending on the options you would need. Mid-range is usually where it ends up, so very competitive in terms of pricing but the list of advantages is far ahead of what is currently available on the market in similar vehicles."
Old 06-26-2019, 10:05 PM   #8
Silver Member

Quote:
I wish there were more cross-sleep beds using bump-outs like the Revel. If you have to have single beds, then they're not for you. But otherwise, they can save 20" for additional galley, storage, or bathroom. In a class b, that's a tremendous amount of space.
Yes, I agree rowiebowie. A 20" savings in longitudinal interior real estate is substantial in a b-van and well worth the money spent by the manufacturer to make the rear side walls a little wider for a cross-sleep bed to fit taller folks. A permanent rear bed with a well sized cargo hold makes a lot of sense if you can fully utilize the cab seats and front portion of the coach as a decent sized living area. It gives the coach a more open feel as you climb in from the side door and can create a two room setup if desired.

When you add into the equation its clever, thoughtful design touches, the Panoramic seems to have all the bases covered. Many of those European-inspired interior designs are superb.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Those European designed vans have two things I would never consider if I traveled with just one other person.

1. Almost to a T they all have those close together, upright passenger seats for a third or fourth person which kills more space, especially in a short van, than the beds. The table makes the turn around driver seat nearly impossible to get to when the turnaround passenger seat is occupied, thus the need for the unused passenger seats. How many people entertain inside their vans? To me it is like entertaining in your master bedroom of a bricks and mortar house. We live outside our van for socializing. For families it is necessary but not the best solution or affordable for RVing in America. We have the roads and infrastructure to accommodate many other RV types more suitable.

2. Crossover beds for two people are difficult to get into and for prostate challenged males or anyone habitually getting up in the night for any reason do not make for a good night's sleep. Cross over designs since they are not designed for conversion such as sofas for seating or generally elevated for optimum under bed storage (which is a good thing) but adds to the difficulty of getting in and out of bed. Finally, you are almost forced to coordinate and turn in at the same time. In close quarters such as a Class B this is all wearing over time on the road.

Specific comments on the Panoramic, are those legal seats without a head restraint? The windows are great in appearance on the outside but seem rather excessive for a bed situation. They give you more width but in cold weather your head will be right up against the window.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Those European designed vans have two things I would never consider if I traveled with just one other person.

1. Almost to a T they all have those close together, upright passenger seats for a third or fourth person which kills more space, especially in a short van, than the beds. The table makes the turn around driver seat nearly impossible to get to when the turnaround passenger seat is occupied, thus the need for the unused passenger seats. How many people entertain inside their vans? To me it is like entertaining in your master bedroom of a bricks and mortar house. We live outside our van for socializing. For families it is necessary but not the best solution or affordable for RVing in America. We have the roads and infrastructure to accommodate many other RV types more suitable.

2. Crossover beds for two people are difficult to get into and for prostate challenged males or anyone habitually getting up in the night for any reason do not make for a good night's sleep. Cross over designs since they are not designed for conversion such as sofas for seating or generally elevated for optimum under bed storage (which is a good thing) but adds to the difficulty of getting in and out of bed. Finally, you are almost forced to coordinate and turn in at the same time. In close quarters such as a Class B this is all wearing over time on the road.

Specific comments on the Panoramic, are those legal seats without a head restraint? The windows are great in appearance on the outside but seem rather excessive for a bed situation. They give you more width but in cold weather your head will be right up against the window.
Good points Davydd. There seems to be a wide variety of potential customers these days shopping in the B-van segment. The Panoramic design would certainly appeal to quite a few. Its closest competitor would probably be the Pleasure-Way Lexor FL, which addresses many of the points that you feel are important. There are a multitude of tradeoffs with each but in the end it's about what best meets your individual needs.

Personally, I like to narrow my list down, find an RV show where I can sit in both for a few minutes each, going back and forth to compare the feel of day to day living in each coach. Buying the wrong unit for your needs and switching to another shortly after can get expensive. Buy well and have fun!
Old 06-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #11
Platinum Member

My crosswise fixed bed has the biggest windows that will fit all around. Having my head near the window is a plus, not a minus. It is almost always open at least a crack to facilitate a breeze. I wouldn’t want it any other way. To each his own.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #12
Silver Member

Quote:
I think the flares or bump outs for having a longer bed are not insulated if so beware for uncomfortable temperatures on your head and feet.
Paul the Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:56 PM   #13

I have a Panoramic RV on order for Nov 2019 delivery. I have visited their operation in Quebec and very impressed with the workmanship. I wanted a vehicle made/assembled in Canada. I checked out PW, Safari, Roadtrek (before they left), and LT. Basically all the same layout (except Safari) and was sold on Panoramic. I like the idea of everything is an option. I have been dealing with Philippe at Panoramic. A great guy!! As for the comments regarding the bed length, no issues for the boss and me..... (first world problems)
kpeter02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeter02 View Post
I have a Panoramic RV on order for Nov 2019 delivery. I have visited their operation in Quebec and very impressed with the workmanship. I wanted a vehicle made/assembled in Canada. I checked out PW, Safari, Roadtrek (before they left), and LT. Basically all the same layout (except Safari) and was sold on Panoramic. I like the idea of everything is an option. I have been dealing with Philippe at Panoramic. A great guy!! As for the comments regarding the bed length, no issues for the boss and me..... (first world problems)

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Please keep us informed.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #15

I have been in contact with Panoramic as I am wanting a 4x4. They plan to use the new Ford Transit AWD. Not a 4x4 but a plus. I want a gas powered, 4x4. It can't be just me. 4x4 is insurance to get me out of difficult dirt road situations common in the West. At this time there is nothing in the market in Class B. I may still get Quigley to instal 4x4 on my future Panoramic
charlie's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 AM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie's mom View Post
I have been in contact with Panoramic as I am wanting a 4x4. They plan to use the new Ford Transit AWD. Not a 4x4 but a plus. I want a gas powered, 4x4. It can't be just me. 4x4 is insurance to get me out of difficult dirt road situations common in the West. At this time there is nothing in the market in Class B. I may still get Quigley to instal 4x4 on my future Panoramic
More ground clearance is big plus in my mind. You get that with most 4x4's.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:46 AM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
More ground clearance is big plus in my mind. You get that with most 4x4's.
My choice was short wheel base with factory road clearance which we have on our 144"WB Sprinter. 4x4 would be nice but there are additional tradeoffs.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #18
Silver Member

Default Just Saw the Panoramic In Person

Just yesterday, August 11th, I was fortunate enough to meet with Philippe of Panoramic RV in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. He was getting some R & R, doing some camping and hiking while traveling in his Panoramic demo model, which was constructed earlier in the year. We had a wonderful conversation.

First, I must say that I got the feeling that Phil is a sincere, passionate RV enthusiast who is dedicated to excellence. While showing me the unit from top to bottom, he mentioned a few minor areas where they had already made design tweaks for newer builds, based on customer feedback and his own testing on the road. Excellent!

I would agree with Neil Balthhaser from the Ultramobility Channel - The coach buildout is very well designed, constructed and insulated with impressive attention to detail. Everything feels and looks tight. My main concern was whether my 6'2" frame could comfortably fit in the cross-coach bed. I'm happy to say that I fit just fine in my stocking feet with a pillow under my head, but if I were much taller it could have been a deal breaker. My dorky bones were just about the limit for the bed in this rig without going partially diagonal.

My other questions regarding their A/C and battery options were answered as well.

Sitting in the front jump seat, with its built-in lumbar support, was more comfortable to me than any similar seat I've tried from other manufacturers. For a person around my size, I requested that he consider making the seat back just a few inches taller, but that was a minor issue since I'd probably only have smaller framed guests sitting there anyway. The front lounge table design/build is among the best I've seen yet in any similar floorplan.

My next step will be to send Phil an order sheet with my favorite boxes checked to obtain a quote. Then I can fully weigh all the factors against the other option at the top of my list. I believe that the Panoramic will be an excellent choice for anyone looking for this type of layout. Here's the download link to the form if anyone else is interested: Specs and Order Form
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2911.jpg (24.8 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2903.jpg (21.3 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2904.jpg (18.9 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2907.jpg (20.6 KB, 207 views)
Old 12-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #19

I signed the contract for my Panoramic RV last week. I take delivery in October 2020.
billwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:08 PM   #20
Gold Member

Has Panoramic set itself up to sell in the US yet? My understanding is that they only recently spread from Quebec to western Canada. Getting certified to deliver in the USA would be a big step.