Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #1

Default Parts???

I've been searching for a GOOD website, from which I can purchase class B parts. All of the links seem to be for class A items. Or the links are links to other links - without results. Specifically, I'm looking for a small table top (24" X 18"), the clips that firmly store the 2 1/4" table leg (so they don't tip over or roll around while driving). Used parts are ok.

I'd also be interested in hearing how to put a 12 volt power receptical on the exterior of my CoachHouse, for use of my laptop.

Any ideas??
schwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: Parts???

IKEA?
If your Coach House was purchased new, have you tried your dealership for parts? Or leads to used parts?
Are there any RV sales and service shops near you? Have you tried them for used parts?
I've tried a few online keyword searches and not come up with much either for Coach House used tables/parts.
If you mean a 12V cigar lighter type receptacle, you might get a 12V cigar lighter extension cord and that way
when you're done using your laptop, you can take it back inside with you to avoid vandalism or weather damage
or unauthorized use.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #3

Purchased my 1996 CoachHouse used two years ago. But - it only had 2900 miles on it as it sat in a carport for many years. I have tried dealers, they all seem to carry the same things. I like to browse and get ideas (internet or live). Nobody local carries used parts & supplies. I love viewing the photos in this forum to see what B owners are doing. But, where are they getting the supplies?

Thanks for the reply.
schwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

No worries.
I think it depends on where folks live. If you're lucky enough to be near a Bass Pro or
Gander Mtn. or near a Camping World, you can get some pretty interesting stuff for your camping needs.
Up here we can get some stuff at Canadian Tire, or just whatever your local RV place sells,
although they tend to be pricey. Many on here DIY things from some pretty unusual odds and ends.
There's a link to a homemade outside shower in this thread that's pretty ingenious.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=119&p=171&hilit=outside+showe r#p171

Have a look through the "Tweaks, Mods & Projects" section of the forum. People will usually say where
they get their parts and materials from. Might be something in there about tables. Or the keyword search
facility near the top right corner of each page can be handy to find stuff on here too. Just be patient, and
someone will surely know more than me about your question, or suggest something.

Even Walmart has a decent selection of RV or camping things (and furniture?).
They have an external standalone shower room that we looked at,
but thought it'd be a pain to set up and take down.
BTW, where'd you get your Zodi Hut? Price? If you don't mind my asking.

Mike.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
Platinum Member

The parts availability thing is getting us "roll your own" RVers too. I spent an hour wasting my time at my garage this morning after they were supposed to have gotten what essentially were GM and Tiara conversion van parts. Admittedly, my van is getting some age on it, but GM is trying to support it knowing I'd rather replace and restore than buy new. They've searched their resources and I continue to prowl the Internet for things like cabin reading lights that match the originalls, door gaskets to keep the rain and rust away, etc. There is tremendous potential for a clearing house, or clearing house forum? Hemmings is doing it for the growing auto restoration market. Any ideas for the pent-up van, Class B restoring market? I'll share what I find/found by private or list post.

FWIW, I can recommend some well made and worth the money solar equipment and support if anyone is looking at adding that. I now have one 95-watt panel on my van, with digital controller and Group 27 battery inside the van in a sealed container, vented over the side behind the driver's seat. Works great. Low profile almost to invisible. Mostly powering the Engel refrigerator and Internet DC/DC power supply now but with more size and uses planned.

https://www.classbforum.com/images/1994%20GMC.jpg
VernM is offline   Reply With Quote