Old 05-21-2019, 12:03 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Last big change? Not on your life. since I was 62 I have gone through an Airsteam trailer and three Class B vans and planning a fourth.
Lol! Thanks for that! It’s hard sometimes to not give in to society’s expectations and do what one wants to do. I’ve always done what I want but with some health issues, I’ve been more cautious. What will your next Class B be?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:07 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitchNride View Post
Sounds like you have a good plan then on the house - seems like there's too many people ditching everything these days, so I just wanted to put up a yellow flag at least.

Also sorry if there was a mix-up, I wasn't referring to your grammar - I should have quoted the appropriate message but I was on my phone and didn't see it handy (it was in response to the one above mine, SteveJ's response, sorry again that wasn't clear).

I work remotely too, but I just assume most people looking to "leave it all behind" are unlike myself and either work at an on-site job, or are retired and want to see the sights while leaving their dogs behind. That said, while I haven't tried doing any work in the van, it would seem a bit cramped perhaps. I lived full-time in a non-slideout truck camper for almost two years, and that seemed a lot roomier than the van! (mostly due to the permanent bed being in the loft, and being close to a full 8 feet wide) I am sure you have considered all the possibilities, such as a B+ or a small C.
Yes, I have seriously considered a B+ (i.e., small Class C), but want the maneuverability of a Class B. I’m still looking at RVs and trying to make this decision. I don’t need much space and am looking forward to handing off the upkeep for a 3 bedroom/2 bath home with a yard. As I’ve heard so many people say, my first will likely not be my last RV.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
We have a 6lb killer attack Chihuahua, long hair. This puppy(she's 12 years) likes laying in the full sun in the back yard when it's in the 90's out. So when we park for a bit with her, it's the fantastic fan on 2 and two windows open near where she always lays, in our bed. Running the fan has proven quite adequate. The temps where she lays are really close if not at outdoor ambient. I've checked. If it's over 100 she gets A/C.

But that is our goofy dog. I would assume different breeds have different requirements. If she were an Husky, Malamute or similar it would be a different scenario. Perfect dog for Flowriduh.
Thanks, Steve! Chihuahuas really do think they are big dogs, don’t they? My Corgis have an undercoat so they might get hot sooner than your killer Chihuahua. They’re pretty easygoing dogs and can be active but also like being couch potatoes.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:47 AM   #54
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpjfitz View Post
Thanks, Steve! Chihuahuas really do think they are big dogs, don’t they? My Corgis have an undercoat so they might get hot sooner than your killer Chihuahua. They’re pretty easygoing dogs and can be active but also like being couch potatoes.
This chihuahua does not act a normal one. No constant yapping or nipping and none of that nervous crap. only barks or emits a low growl when there is a reason but she has chased some pretty large dogs away from the chain link fence in the back yard.

A very mellow dog.

Have fun.
'98 Kawasaki KLR650
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #55
Silver Member

A friend of mine runs her generator when she has to leave her dogs in the RV...that way, she can keep the AC unit going...
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #56
Bud
Platinum Member

This female RV'er should have chosen a Supercharged Class B, maybe a 17 foot Transit or Promaster or Express Van.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...521-story.html
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #57
Silver Member

Love my Pleasure Way...Great Class B, they are very well made!!
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:48 PM   #58
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Just to clear up any misconceptions. Typically the A/C will not run “off the battery”, an exhaust fan will, but a rooftop A/C unit requires the generator when off-grid. Of course the dash air can run if the engine is running.
The new 12 volt ProAir A/C will definitely run off the battery.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 PM   #59
Platinum Member

Someone asked me several pages back what our rig was - it's a 2007 Airstream Interstate.

Also, one of my off-forum buddies shared this other product, the Owl Cam, with me the day before yesterday. FINALLY we are making some progress in this segment of the consumer market. This device doesn't do everything that I would want a monitoring system to do, but it's clearly moving in the right direction.

It functions much like the intended-for-stick-and-brick-house Canary that my husband and I jury-rigged with an external air card to continually broadcast conditions from the inside of our van. This one apparently has cameras that point both fore and aft, as well as greater recording capacity and ergonomic options. It's an out-of-the-box solution that might work for some owners who wish to leave pets in their vans.

The obvious downside is that its internal air card is tied to the device. I can (and do) use my Netgear card for multiple purposes in multiple locations, thus making the most of my cellular dollars. If someone uses their Class B for only a month or two a year, it might not make sense to pay for 12 months of the cellular connection on an Owl Cam. Of course, the device could always be moved to the daily driver when not in use in the Class B.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote