Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #1

Default Picking up my New Travato 59K

After looking at a lot of different Class B's I decided the Travato 59K was best suited for me. I think I made the best choice for the way I plan to go traveling and camping. And I love just being able to lay on one of the side beds to relax and watch the TV when I pull over at a rest stop..

Patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Nice video - may you and your family have many happy miles.

- - Mike
2012 Sprinter 3500 Extended converted B-Van by Airstream
Old 05-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #3

Thank you Mike, both of my daughters and three grand kids love it. The grand kids cant get over it having a bathroom..lol Great for going to parades and their girl/boy scout outings.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:29 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Congratulations! Beautiful Rig.

If you haven't already, Join the Facebook Travato Owners and Wannabes Group, and meet up with some fellow Travato owners crisscrossing the country, Get answers to most any questions, and share experiences and modifications people have done with their rigs.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:48 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Very nice looking RV...excited for you!

I'm still on the fence basically because I am looking for one that the grandkids can travel in with me. Was this ever part of your consideration for you?
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #6
Platinum Member

That red is sharp - much better than the old red. It will certainly draw attention.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
That red is sharp - much better than the old red. It will certainly draw attention.
And with that color everybody will stay clear of you cause they think you're an ambulance.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Congrats on the rig.

I love unscripted, casual videos. They are usually more revealing than staged productions. What I noticed with this one is that the a/c doesn't seem to be as terribly loud as many of them are. What model is it?
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver2017 View Post
Very nice looking RV...excited for you!

I'm still on the fence basically because I am looking for one that the grandkids can travel in with me. Was this ever part of your consideration for you?
I was thinking the same thing. Where are those kids gonna sit?

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #10

Thanks everybody for the kind comments! I love the color of this Travato. I have driven it around and people are coming up to me saying how much they like it.
The grand kids are going to sit in the back once my son-in-law installs some seat belts, the 2019's come with seat belts installed for the two side bed/seats. I emailed Winnebago and the emailed me the blue prints on how they installed the seat belts for the seats, so we will get those installed pretty soon.
I also replaced the stock GPS/radio with a Pioneer GPS head unit that has a much bigger screen. Much nicer..
Old 05-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #11
Platinum Member

One of the best van videos I've ever seen. "There's a bathroom in the back! There's a bathroom in the back!"

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
One of the best van videos I've ever seen. "There's a bathroom in the back! There's a bathroom in the back!"
To be honest, that's about how I felt the first time I saw the inside of a "B," too!
Old 05-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Default Congrats

Congratulations on the new camper van. We are also in California (Northern) and have a Travato 59K on order.

The red is really a rich looking color, to us it looks the coolest but it is kind of the opposite of stealthy so we ended up going for Granite Gray.

The "bathroom in the back" was one of the strong reasons we went for the K model - that and the openness.

See you got the roof rack and the painted bumpers, did you get any of the other options? We ended up getting all the options except the painter bumpers and the polished cabinets.

I suspect you and the Grandkids will have many wonderful journeys in the Van. Maybe we'll see you on the road here in Cali?
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patd View Post
Thanks everybody for the kind comments! I love the color of this Travato. I have driven it around and people are coming up to me saying how much they like it.
The grand kids are going to sit in the back once my son-in-law installs some seat belts, the 2019's come with seat belts installed for the two side bed/seats. I emailed Winnebago and the emailed me the blue prints on how they installed the seat belts for the seats, so we will get those installed pretty soon.
I also replaced the stock GPS/radio with a Pioneer GPS head unit that has a much bigger screen. Much nicer..
A decade ago, it wasn't unusual to see some small coaches equipped with levelers that permitted picking a parking spot without concern about pitch. When the Sprinter platform became popular, these levelers sort of disappeared because Mercedes would not permit their upfitters to install them. But that has recently changed and levelers are available for both Sprinters and Promasters. (Don't know about the Transit). The Fit RV had them installed on their coach and they can't say enough good things about them. It's not cheap but ARV does first class work and If I bought a Travato, fitting it with levelers would be high on my to do list.

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/ins...ur-class-b-rv/
Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
The bathroom in the back is great. But what's not so great is there isn't any spare tire in the back. WGO provides a tire repair kit, but that's only of value for dealing with nails in the tread. It's of no value dealing with a sidewall casualty from a road hazard which while not a common event, isn't a rare one either. How do you deal with this situation in the middle of nowhere?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #16
Platinum Member

It's a very common tire size, getting one is no issue. Besides, most people can count on one hand the number of flats they've had in their lifetimes.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
A decade ago, it wasn't unusual to see some small coaches equipped with levelers that permitted picking a parking spot without concern about pitch. When the Sprinter platform became popular, these levelers sort of disappeared because Mercedes would not permit their upfitters to install them. But that has recently changed and levelers are available for both Sprinters and Promasters. (Don't know about the Transit). The Fit RV had them installed on their coach and they can't say enough good things about them. It's not cheap but ARV does first class work and If I bought a Travato, fitting it with levelers would be high on my to do list.

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/ins...ur-class-b-rv/
I've had a fair number of vans and never really saw the need for levelers. I also don't think it's wise to install them on a unibody vehicle either. The ones the FitRV installed I believe were $7500. For that kind of money, I'm happy with my stack of Hosspads. What I have found helpful though is the LevelMate Pro I installed, telling me the inches of adjustment needed on each corner of the van - makes leveling easy.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
It's a very common tire size, getting one is no issue. Besides, most people can count on one hand the number of flats they've had in their lifetimes.
Well, I need more than two hands but that's not because of vehicle mileage. It's because of my mileage.

How do you buy and get a replacement tire delivered to you out in the boonies?
Will Triple A, et al, do this for you?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
How do you buy and get a replacement tire delivered to you out in the boonies?
Will Triple A, et al, do this for you?
Coachnet certainly will, assuming you got to where you are on a public road.

I own a spare (thrown in by Great West with the van), but nowhere to mount it. If I were REALLY going someplace exotic, I might consider throwing it in the back. But haven't done it yet. I would only need one hand.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #20
Platinum Member

In my 59 years of driving I have changed a few spares. In my 36 years of owning some kind of B or C I have changed two spares. In all those cases for all those years it was a simple nail in a tire. I carry a tire repair plug kit, a can of that awful Slime stuff, and a nice little compressor.

A mounted E tire is pretty darn heavy but I can still handle one OK. I carry a road service policy and have used it a couple of times in the distant past when tires weren't quite what they are today.

Yes, I have a spare and it does give me a little comfort.....but not much. A spare is just insurance for me and I have made too few claims on one since Eisenhower was President to really worry much about it. I'm more worried about things like the two serious wrecks from distracted driving I saw today within five miles of my home.

Patd, that is the best looking RED I have ever seen in my life and there are two red Jeeps in our garage right this second. Congratulations on a beautiful rig! That video is Tony the Tiger GGGGRRREEEAAATTT!!!!

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote