Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #21
Silver Member

Firesteel, Any other driving observations concerning the Travato on a long trip? Also, just out of curiosity, how tall are you? Right now, my only doubt about the Travato is the drivers comfort on a long trip. I believe that you can slide the drivers seat a little further back on the 'G' than you can on the 'K', did you need to put the sat back all the way to be comfortable? Thanks.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
Platinum Member

We've put 45,000 miles on our Promaster self-build. It is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've driven, but you have to make the adjustments to fit your body/driving style. I've noticed that after a long drive, I don't hobble when I get out like I do with other vehicles. That's probably because this is more like sitting in a regular chair.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #23
Silver Member

I am 5'10 and my husband is 6'. I dont think we have the seat all the way back, it certainly isnt a case of really trying hard to adjust it back. There is no window side arm rest so we use a pillow between the window and the seat for arm support. Big mirrors, nice cupholders, I especially like the one in the door. You do sit upright like in a chair and it works well for long drives, have done several 12-13 hours and most recently the 16 hour trip. I dont find wind to be too much of a problem except on the 16 hour day it was a howling side wind. UGH. Trucks passing isnt a problem like a big motorhome or a travel trailer, but you do get some turbulence sitting behind some semis. Folks have added rear sumo springs to help the ride, that is on my bucket list, but really no compliants. I have a half ton GMC Savanna van and previously had a Ford E350 diesel van and this is a far better ride than either of those.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote