Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Promaster - Driver Seat Leg Room

Looked at a 2016 Lexor TS Promaster and liked the fit and finish very much and all the nice touches. We were excited about it until I sat in the driver seat. At 6′ tall the seat would not go back far enough to be comfortable for the driver. The seat travel is limited by the closet wall. This will be a show stopper for taller folks as it was for us. It would've been better to do without that skinny little closet and provide more room for the driver!

Otherwise this would have been a contender for serious consideration. The driver seats in other Promaster units like the Winnebago Trend and Travato go back much further providing more comfortable driving position options.

The dealer recently drove the Lexor TS back from an RV show and admitted he felt cramped after only about 20 miles.

Any tall Lexor TS Promaster owners out there have the same experience or figure out how to get more driver leg room?
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I never understood Pleasure-way in that regard. I'm not that tall so I would not need the full range of a seat, but as far back as 2005 they were restraining full range of the driver's seat. When the NCV3 Sprinter came out they indented the back of the wall to give a little more range. To me that just made it more claustrophobic even if I didn't need that full range and I decided not to buy one again. That, and their recalcitrance of providing an additional battery at the time eliminated them when I was shopping again in 2011. They did maximize the cabinetry capacity with that TS plan and they do make a quality B.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I don't think it's as much a height issue as it is of driving style.

Some people like to be up on the wheel, while others want to sit way back from it.

I've sat in a Lexor and I'm 5'10" tall. I still had lots of travel in the seat left.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Also long legs vs. short make a difference.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
Bronze Member

I have a 2015 Lexor on the ProMaster chassis. I believe the seating is the same in the 2016. Anyway, I am 6 feet with long legs and I am not uncomfortable at all. Everybody has a style of driving.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:10 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Not only long legs but a beer belly can impede.

As I said before, with me it was a claustrophobic issue to be smack up against the wall. Also, when not driving you could not put your driver's seat back in a relaxing position nor can you get a full rotation or functional use of the seat while parked. My 2005 didn't even have a swivel but I see they put them in the driver seat now on Sprinters and they can turn but about 90 degrees. That's worthless, IMO. I doubt the Lexors swivel.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:31 AM   #7
Platinum Member

The swivel is new for 2016 I was told, although I'm not sure it includes the driver's position.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:39 AM   #8
Bronze Member

TJ,

Good for you. I may have to stop by and try it again. As Davydd says it is claustrophobic not being able to move the seat back any further or rotate it. Passenger seat can be rotated in the 2016.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Claustrophobia elimination was one of my quests through three successive Bs. My P-W got to me with the wall tight to my back. The Great West Van Legend had about 14" of clearance and I could turn the seat around about 120 degrees to a pedestal table. Finally with my Advanced RV I pushed the wall back about another 6" so I could turn the driver's seat 180 degrees and face a drop down computer/writing desk.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #10
Bronze Member

That's what I like about the Travato floor plans.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I also liked several P-W but the lack of legroom or the wall behind the seat did not work for me. Went with a sprinter based RT.
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:02 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I never understood Pleasure-way in that regard. I'm not that tall so I would not need the full range of a seat...
Yes, my 2006 is tighter than I'd really prefer- I sit closer to the wheel than on anything else I own- the belly isn;t an issue ( i don;t think) but the arm and leg room could be better.

I have removed the stored table top behind the seat...maybe I'll look at the sliding mechanism and see it I can get that inch.

Maybe PW only hires small people who can fit easily inside when building the coach- so it all seems huge to them

I'm near 6'2"

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I looked at the Winnebago Travato and was shocked at the driving position... I am 6' and spent several minutes working the seat adjustments to get comfortable and really couldn't... I had the seat back as far as it could go' any suggestions on adjustments to the Promaster seat? Also, the seat cushion was very short (stopped way short of your knees). I am really disappointed that it was so uncomfortable... I like the lower price and that you can get one with a gas engine.

In comparison the ERA Sprinter was super comfortable, so much so we are only looking at Sprinter models now...
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #14

I'm 6'4" with long legs (36" inseam). Just ordered a Travato 59K model after a long test drive. First thing I did was to raise the seat as high as it would go. This allowed me to recline the seatback sufficiently to get comfortable. There is no wall but there is the kitchen countertop. Raising the seat allowed me to increase the seat angle just enough. I like seats high anyway like in my truck. Felt fine to me though it would've felt even better if that kitchen counter was about an inch shorter. Mentioned that to DW and she said Don't even think about it! And granted, a test drive isn't at all like 8 hours on the road in one day. Might come to regret it, but the other features of the K fit us so perfectly, we were happy to order one. Hey, worse come to worse, she does more of the driving!
VaVet96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #15
Platinum Member

It must be your driving style. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I can put the seat back so far my feet can't even touch the pedals.

When I drive, I like my leg bent (not straight out), so I put the seat fairly close to the wheel. I suspect many of you tall folks (or long legged types) are used to having your right leg straight out.

Also, I found that setting up driving position just sitting there in the lot stationary, may not be sufficient after driving a while.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
It must be your driving style. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I can put the seat back so far my feet can't even touch the pedals.

When I drive, I like my leg bent (not straight out), so I put the seat fairly close to the wheel. I suspect many of you tall folks (or long legged types) are used to having your right leg straight out.

Also, I found that setting up driving position just sitting there in the lot stationary, may not be sufficient after driving a while.
Actually, the taller you are the more the legs have to bend in the driver's seat. I've never been in a driver's seat in any vehicle where I could (or would want to) put the right leg straight out. The problem isn't reaching the pedals. I could probably do that from the back seat. (just joking!) It's impingement on the knee from center console's, dash plastic, etc that is the problem. That, in turn, is uncomfortable and in many cases, impedes the right foot's access to the gas pedal. I've tried numerous vehicles where, seat slid all the way back, I just can't fit my right knee in comfortably. Or it's jammed in. An extreme example - in college I needed a ride and the only person that could give me one had a Mini-Cooper. I sat in there, with my knees on the dash and my feet not touching the floor! Never again! We're all different in this respect obviously and just have to find something that works.
VaVet96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #17

Smile I saw how one guy fixed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat66 View Post
Looked at a 2016 Lexor TS Promaster and liked the fit and finish very much and all the nice touches. We were excited about it until I sat in the driver seat. At 6′ tall the seat would not go back far enough to be comfortable for the driver. The seat travel is limited by the closet wall. This will be a show stopper for taller folks as it was for us. It would've been better to do without that skinny little closet and provide more room for the driver!

Any tall Lexor TS Promaster owners out there have the same experience or figure out how to get more driver leg room?
I saw one for sale in rvtrader that had cut that wall out... not entirely, the hanging rod was still supported on both sides... but it looked like they'd used a jig saw to cut 85% of the wall and then sealed the edge with something.
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #18

Default I found the picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
I saw one for sale in rvtrader that had cut that wall out... not entirely, the hanging rod was still supported on both sides... but it looked like they'd used a jig saw to cut 85% of the wall and then sealed the edge with something.
It's a different make, but same concept... Just click this link to see it. --> 2000 Roadtrek 190 Popular, Stanton CA - - RVtrader.com
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:22 AM   #19
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
I looked at the Winnebago Travato and was shocked at the driving position... I am 6' and spent several minutes working the seat adjustments to get comfortable and really couldn't... I had the seat back as far as it could go' any suggestions on adjustments to the Promaster seat? Also, the seat cushion was very short (stopped way short of your knees). I am really disappointed that it was so uncomfortable... I like the lower price and that you can get one with a gas engine.

In comparison the ERA Sprinter was super comfortable, so much so we are only looking at Sprinter models now...
Also annoyed by how uncomfortable these Pro Master seats are. For a 21 ft van you would think they would offer a little more comfort
TRFranta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #20
Silver Member

I recently put in a 16 hour day of driving in a Travato and find the Promaster seats are quite good. wouldnt call them comfy but after a long day you arent sore or tired from using them. The seating position takes some getting used to as it seems quite different from other vehicles. You sit up high and have good visibility. At first it might seem uncomfortable but after a few hours it works just fine.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote