Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #21
Platinum Member

I suppose Pleasureway is addressing a much larger market segment than ARV and being conservative, may be an appealing strategy.

Van Williams

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Pleasure-way has two concerns. First they have to price features competitively and second they have to kowtow to a dealer network. They aren't addressing a market segment. That's what ARV does since they are not encumbered with those two concerns. In other words the customer can get what they desire from ARV and some of those request can be pretty far out. ARV could also give you an apples to apples B to Pleasue-way albeit a significant quality and function upgrade, IMO, but Pleasure-way will stick close to amenity offerings Winnebago, Airstream and others deliver to dealers because those customers shop price first and amenities second. Roadtrek probably pushed their big toe into the lithium ion pond but they are not going to jump all in until dealers get comfortable and customers start demanding it. Personally lithium ion might be a waste of money unless you invest in at least 400ah which completely changes how you use your B.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Pleasure-way has two concerns. First they have to price features competitively and second they have to kowtow to a dealer network. They aren't addressing a market segment. That's what ARV does since they are not encumbered with those two concerns. In other words the customer can get what they desire from ARV and some of those request can be pretty far out. ARV could also give you an apples to apples B to Pleasue-way albeit a significant quality and function upgrade, IMO, but Pleasure-way will stick close to amenity offerings Winnebago, Airstream and others deliver to dealers because those customers shop price first and amenities second. Roadtrek probably pushed their big toe into the lithium ion pond but they are not going to jump all in until dealers get comfortable and customers start demanding it. Personally lithium ion might be a waste of money unless you invest in at least 400ah which completely changes how you use your B.
There is a big difference between a niche market and a market segment.

Van Williams

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:22 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Does anyone know who makes these for pleasure way?

i know its an old original post but it gives me less to explain-lol
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:13 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
Does anyone know who makes these for pleasure way?

i know its an old original post but it gives me less to explain-lol
If you find out who makes the Eco-Ion and what a compatible replacement would be, please let us know.
reilym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Same question here, given I can find zero about "Eco-Ion" on the Internet. Who makes these batteries, and what kind of Battery Management System (BMS) does this setup use?
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:04 PM   #27

Is this system only in the coach, or can you buy parts and install diy?
Landsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:26 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsub View Post
Is this system only in the coach, or can you buy parts and install diy?
I have a 2016 PW Lexor TS. Lots of lithium battery manufacturers. Most come with BMS and safety charge protection, etc.

You can put together system yourself using after market inverters. Lots of great vendors like Victron.

The Volta system seems to be winning out because of the 48 volt system. I believe Winnebago is currently using this.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:59 PM   #29

Default Lite in electrical dept

I currently have a new battle born battery and Xantrex 2000 inverter in a pop up truck camper I am trying to sell. Not getting many responsives because the price is reflecting all the up grades we have done. So am considering selling without those and use them for my B. Cannot find RV electricians in my area and am concerned about my DIY ability. Does anyone know the average cost to have a professional do it?
Landsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:39 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsub View Post
I currently have a new battle born battery and Xantrex 2000 inverter in a pop up truck camper I am trying to sell. Not getting many responsives because the price is reflecting all the up grades we have done. So am considering selling without those and use them for my B. Cannot find RV electricians in my area and am concerned about my DIY ability. Does anyone know the average cost to have a professional do it?
I found a roving rv/camper electrician. This was 3 plus yrs ago. He installed a Victron 3000/12 inverter with remote switch, subpanel, fuse, Victron 712 and two life blue batteries to my Lexor TS. it took 2 days. Labor was $2000 if I remember right. Last yr, I upgraded battery bank by installing two more lithium batteries. I was able to do myself.

You can find local camper van electricians to install you. I recommend you find someone local. Unfortunately so many rv techs are so busy, they may be able to get you in for months.

There are some local van builders on Craigslist. I have seen some photos purported to be their work. It looked impressive but really do not know if it was their handiwork.

As an aside, who did the work on your pop up truck camper? Maybe you can use this as a template for your camper?

Good Luck!
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote