Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Pleasurer Way

I am thinking of getting new PW Lexor FL and wondering what kind
of markup on a new unit and what you think of the quality.

Thanks Joe
mira1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:14 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Can't comment on new units. But I have a 97 PW. That's 22 years old! Cabinetry and mechanicals are still top notch. No loose screws broken cabinets. Everything has held up brillantly. I've seen nothing to indicate that newer PWs have taken a nose dive, but others may have comments on this. All I can say is that most of the interior finish work looks virtually new. It's held up well. Much of course depends on the care over the years. This one was not mistreated. The precise mechanicals (i.e. fridge) are more a product of a particular vendor. PW back then used Dometic fridges and Suburban heaters. We still have the original units in our RV but they are less robust than the interior fittings.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Generally, PW products are considered among the higher quality B vans. and my own experience has born that out - so far, we have owned our 2019 Plateau F less than a year.

From memory we got about 12% off MSRP when buying - but that was also coupled with what I considered a very good trade in allowance on a 2005 Classic 30 Airstream trailer and 2008 GMC diesel truck, so you have to consider both aspects together.

We first considered buying a Lexor TS having seen one at an RV show - then we heard that they were coming out with the FL model and felt that it would suit us even better as we liked having two separate living areas - as we had with our trailer.

However when we were able to get more details on the FL we decided it would not work for us. In order to create the front lounge, compared to the TS, the counter space and kitchen storage was very much reduced. We use our van for long winter trips and need those features.

So in the end we wound up with a Plateau FL that we are happy with. The only downside for us - apart from more $$ - was that the bathroom on the Plateau is quite a bit smaller than that in the Lexor despite the fact that the vehicle is longer. However there is more storage, the front lounge is larger, and I think the driver's side ottoman may be longer.

As long as the layout suits your needs, I think you will be happy with the Lexor FL.

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Our 2018 PW FL has 9,000 miles on it and we have had only 4 minor problems.

1) Due to a wiring issue, the dashboard displayed an error message about driver's seat belt. Corrected by Mercedes, no charge.
2) A valve on the Propane tank was closed when it should have been open. This was found by the first person to refill our propane; PW support in Canada confirmed the propane tech was correct.
3) Hot water heater displayed a "decalcify" message after being used only twice. Refused to heat hot water until the procedure was completed. The problem has not happened again.
4) Some of the storage cupboards rattled when driving on rough pavement...this was easily corrected by affixing some thin adhesive-backed padding to the latches.

That's it! Pretty happy with our purchase and the overall quality.
Neals384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 AM   #5

I have owned a 2002 PW Excel for 12 years (3rd owner) & i can’t say enough good things about the quality of workmanship or the responsiveness of the company IF there is an issue. I’m approaching 100k & am tempted with all the new models out there, however i love my rig!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
Bronze Member

Have a 2015 PW XLMB.
20,000 miles and everything is perfect.
Can't go wrong with a PW.
paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mira1 View Post
I am thinking of getting new PW Lexor FL and wondering what kind
of markup on a new unit and what you think of the quality.

Thanks Joe
I have a new 2019 Lexor FL and love it. Great quality. 17-18 mpg.
kanes@frontier.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:09 PM   #8

Default ‘97 pleasureway

I have 97 with 130k. Original heater, original 3way fridge, original a/c (blow you out with cold), original Onan ($700 maintenance this year), replaced water heater this year and repaired a leak in fresh water storage tank.

Routine maintenance and replacement of mechanical parts one might expect in any vehicle at 130k
Nekmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #9

Did you end up buying one? I received a price today of 130,000 Canadian but it is upgraded to include front and side screens, 285 watt solar panels, painted trim etc.
pattyottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:11 AM   #10

I just bought a 97 STW Pleasureway a few weeks ago . I just filled the fresh water tank today and noticed a leak in the tank ( it appears to have been be repaired once already ). How did you repair your tank ? .
gowason@rogers.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowason@rogers.com View Post
I just bought a 97 STW Pleasureway a few weeks ago . I just filled the fresh water tank today and noticed a leak in the tank ( it appears to have been be repaired once already ). How did you repair your tank ? .
Welcome to the forum!

Is the leak from the fill hose (above), drain point (below), or from a crack in the side or bottom? If you can't get to it completely, it will probably take dropping the tank.

I'm a big fan of Goop. Works well as an adhesive or as a sealant. Since the fresh tank is not under pressure, if you can get some Goop on it, you can probably fix it yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-GOOP-.../dp/B000BQUI7S
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
Platinum Member

If the tank is made from polyethylene or polypropylene (usually white semitransparent) using an adhesive for repairs is not a good option. Mechanical clamping or welding are your best choices.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #13
Bronze Member

I had good luck using JB Water Weld to repair a crack. I topped it off with 3m Marine adhesive which will bond under water
SDDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #14
Bronze Member

I have a 1994 PW model STW and I will echo other statements about the excellent build quality of their products. The cabinets are all wood, no squeaks or rattles, everything has held up great all these years later.
Nutsy_squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote