Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay
Default Re: Pleasureway Promaster Lexor brochure out

BBahk, I suspect what DavyDD said about PW is correct in that they do what they do well, but don't really "experiment" with different equipment and layouts. Their answer to your inquiry might just be a, not right now we're too busy, maybe later kinda thing too. I don't see any reason they couldn't do a twin bed, open isle, with front swivel cab seats model and the same bath & kitchen as the TS though.
I'm excited to see what shows up in the class B world this time next year after the Ford Transit gets out and about in the RV upfitters world....I expect it to see some of the same floor plans, updated of course, as the T1N Sprinter had

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtz
Nicely done brochure.

There is one floorplan I would like to see someone offer.

Instead of the couch/bed being crossways in the back; blocking and preventing passthrough use of the rear doors; I'd like to see seating on each side, with an aisle down the middle. The seats could then fold down to connect across the aisle for the bed.

Couple images from the brochure of what that would look like:

The couch blocking off the back doors of the van is a deal breaker for me.
Just curious about the last point. If you want to load boxes or a bicycle or whatever through the back doors just flatten out the electric operated rear couch/cum bed. We use ours for loading boxes for shipping to poor kids overseas(clothes etc). Makes it useable as a second vehicle. The tri-fold newer type can be moved forward to allow a lot of rear storage too.
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #23
rtz
Bronze Member

I want to be able to walk in and out of the back of the van.
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:12 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtz
I want to be able to walk in and out of the back of the van.
I have another thought about this. When you have the walk through every bit of your van is inside space. If you store bikes in that walk aisle then most likely you have to move them out at night in order to sleep or during the day in order to use your space for living. Then during the day most will say they rather be outside anyway. So, what about inclement weather? You inside. Bikes outside in the rain?

What I want is out of sight outside items behind the bed, under the bed, behind the sofa or whatever. I'm talking about the bikes (not my personal priority), my two inflatable kayaks, my four lawn chairs (two zero gravity loungers and two director chairs), Coleman grill, Dutch oven, charcoal, screen tent, outdoor utilities, etc., all easily accessible for outdoor use by opening the back doors. There are some Advanced RV Sprinter model designs that can carry two bicycles inside behind the twin bed headboards and still give you that walk through access. Mine won't have either of those two features as I have other priorities. I'm not sure yet, but I will be able to carry all I mentioned out of sight and I may be able to carry in addition to that two folding bikes.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:50 AM   #25
Platinum Member

THE TARDIS=simple enough
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #26
Platinum Member

On my trip to Florida next week, I'll be taking a number of items for the first time (all at once that is).

My hitch box holds all my outside stuff (chairs, grills, rug, etc). Inside I'll be bringing my electric bike and my hard kayak. I wish now I had that bike rack you see on the RV show Travatos. I think it would work even with the hitch box attached.

The yak is another story. There is no way I would want it on the roof. It's going to be a PITA to bring it, but it will fit with the bed folded down, but the bike will have to be outside at night. I do have an inflatable, but I hate the thing in the hot weather - it's just too snug and uncomfortable, but I may not have a choice.

I might post a pic with all this junk loaded for your amusement.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote