Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Pleasureway Promaster Lexor brochure out

Got an email from them today to download the new brochure. Assume others have too.

Can someone post a link? I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pleasureway Promaster Lexor brochure out

I don't see any link on their site. Must be in the email only at this point.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Here is the link:
https://gi118.infusionsoft.com/app/link ... e79423e3f2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Brochure indicates the Chevy Lexor may be history.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:48 AM   #5
rtz
Bronze Member

Nicely done brochure.

There is one floorplan I would like to see someone offer.

Instead of the couch/bed being crossways in the back; blocking and preventing passthrough use of the rear doors; I'd like to see seating on each side, with an aisle down the middle. The seats could then fold down to connect across the aisle for the bed.

Couple images from the brochure of what that would look like:

The couch blocking off the back doors of the van is a deal breaker for me.
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:40 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Brochure indicates the Chevy Lexor may be history.

I'd bet that's true what with the small Chevy Lexor volume. I expect RT will be the same sooner than later

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Platinum Member

rtz,

Pleasure-way used to have a twin bed option as you are indicating that were opposing sofas during the day and filled in the middle to make a king bed. They may still have that option. When the companies first came out with the electric converting sofas the dealers sold nothing but on showroom spec and it soon became the standard. My local dealer told me the only twin bed models he sold were those that had to be ordered from the factory for a specific customer request.

Advanced RV makes beds anyway you desire. The back end is an open palette for you to design. Their most popular however has been their standard tri-fold electric sofa. The electric sofas have been far and away top sellers for all companies of late. Second time buyers I know seem to go for the twin setups of which there are many. I think not because they hate their spouses but soon get tired of the crab like crawl one has to do to get out of bed. I've gone through the bi-fold sofa with ottomans Pleasure-way has to the tri-fold sofa Great West Van had to a new design from Advanced RV that I created myself. I won't crab crawl.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #8
Platinum Member

If you look closely at the brochure at the very end on the weights and measures chart they describe the electric sofa bed size and the twin bed sizes. They describe the twin beds as driver's single and passenger single. On the Promaster they are 26" wide and 74" long (driver side) and 69" long (passenger side).
Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #9

Hello,
I have been lurking around this forum for months and this is the first time I am posting a message. I used to have 1997 Roadtrek 190 Versitle which was sold in 2003. We have been missing that van for years, and now we are planning to buy a new one in the summer or fall of next year. We like these new Promaster models from Roadtrek and Pleasure Way because of the lower price and smaller size/height. I contacted Pleasure Way the other day, and they responded with these three files.
Thanks for all the valuable information for our future trips.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PromasterLexorSpecSheet2015.pdf (1.07 MB, 92 views)
File Type: pdf 2015 US ProMaster Lexor MSRP.pdf (80.5 KB, 131 views)
File Type: pdf 2015 CAN ProMaster Lexor MSRP.pdf (80.7 KB, 66 views)
BBahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtz
Nicely done brochure.

There is one floorplan I would like to see someone offer.

Instead of the couch/bed being crossways in the back; blocking and preventing passthrough use of the rear doors; I'd like to see seating on each side, with an aisle down the middle. The seats could then fold down to connect across the aisle for the bed.

Couple images from the brochure of what that would look like:

The couch blocking off the back doors of the van is a deal breaker for me.
look at the roadtrek zion.it's a new promaster and it has aisle down the middle all the way
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
Platinum Member

If you look at the specs in the all model brochure you will see the Promaster Lexor front seats do not swivel. All the other models do. Also, there may be a conflict in their information as they say the front seats are ultra leather on their plan but the photos very definitely show the stock grey seats as they come. This is the same as was said about the Winnebago Travato in that they could not re-upholster because of the seat installed airbags. That is an aesthetic issue only as the cab finishing doesn't much match the back anyway.

In my former Pleasure-way Sprinter Plateau I had to after market install a swivel seat base for the passenger seat. It made all the difference in using that B to me. Not having a swivel seat would now be a deal killer for me in an otherwise fairly good floor plan I am familiar with living in. This is something to think about when comparing the Promasters because you will not have any kind of zoned living arrangement between front and back.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
If you look at the specs in the all model brochure you will see the Promaster Lexor front seats do not swivel. All the other models do. Also, there may be a conflict in their information as they say the front seats are ultra leather on their plan but the photos very definitely show the stock grey seats as they come. This is the same as was said about the Winnebago Travato in that they could not re-upholster because of the seat installed airbags. That is an aesthetic issue only as the cab finishing doesn't much match the back anyway.

In my former Pleasure-way Sprinter Plateau I had to after market install a swivel seat base for the passenger seat. It made all the difference in using that B to me. Not having a swivel seat would now be a deal killer for me in an otherwise fairly good floor plan I am familiar with living in. This is something to think about when comparing the Promasters because you will not have any kind of zoned living arrangement between front and back.

Davydd-look at the second picture. the passenger seat is swiveled around
Old 12-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:

Davydd-look at the second picture. the passenger seat is swiveled around
I don't know why the author posted that second picture. Go back and look at the brochure. That is the Sprinter Plateau FL.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #14

The title of the Pleasure Way model in Youtube is "2015 Pleasure-Way ProMaster Lexor TS Tour." If they put 'TS' on this model name, then I would like to assume that in the near future they would make 'FL' model which provide some living space at the front with swivel chairs just like Plateau FL. I agree that if Pleasure Way does not have the swivel chair, this will be deal breaker. If FL floor plan requires smaller bathroom, I can live with that. I sent an email to Pleasure Way the other day asking if they plan to make FL style ProMaster, but they have not responded yet.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Davydd-as usual i am corrected. I better get better.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
Platinum Member

BBahk,

The TS designation came about to describe an electric sofa model. Pleasure-way at one time had other designations for the same floor plan but different back end such as TD for the twin bed with dinette for the Plateau. The FL is a different designation for a different floor plan design up front from the bed forward (which the bed is the same as the TS). So the suffix letters are not related. Why they named the Lexor a TS is probably marketing wanting to make a comparative statement in the plan layout. Keep in mind the Plateau TS seats both swivel now, so the TS designation does not couple with the front seats in any manner. However, if you analyze the plan there may never be an FL equivalent in the Promaster. There is nothing that could be taken out of the plan to make it so very easily anymore than you could with a Sprinter Ascent model. The Promaster Lexor is 1'-10" shorter than their Sprinter Plateau killing a lot of design flexibility with that particular layout.

You might see a Promaster Lexor TD since the brochure does describe single beds and I suspect there is still a Plateau TD and a Lexor TD. The old Chevy Lexor once has three designations of RD (rear dinette) TD (twin dinette) and TS (the electric sofa). Probably one of those hidden deals. You would have to order it as I suspect the dealers prefer not to stock them thus would gladly like to downplay them.

In looking at my old 2005 brochure when the twin dinette TD was more popular it does show photos. The twin dinette twin bed model had a night stand between that was fixed which in effect blocked the through passageway idea the Roadtrek Zion is promoting.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #17

Davydd,
I have been thoroughly enjoying reading your helpful comments from various threads regarding RVing. I also appreciate your insightful response to my questions. I think you are right that there is no space available to make FL (front lounge?) sytle for ProMaster chassis. I will wait and see what other options are available for the next 6 months. We are very excited to see more ProMaster chassis converions show up in the B market.
Thanks so much!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #18
Platinum Member

BBahk,

You can never say never as was witnessed by Winnebago rebounding from its initial Travato 59G floor plan to the 59K model almost entirely different. It is just that Pleasure-way is a more steady less shoot from the hip company. They know what they know and they pretty much stick to it. I don't expect to see anything radical soon from them especially if they are building to capacity like a lot of the converters seem to be doing.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #19

I received a response from Pleasure Way saying that "unfortunately it is not possible to build a Front Lounge version on the Promaster. Promaster chassis does not have the needed real estate to push the driver side cabinetry back the necessary length."
Old 12-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #20
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBahk
I received a response from Pleasure Way saying that "unfortunately it is not possible to build a Front Lounge version on the Promaster. Promaster chassis does not have the needed real estate to push the driver side cabinetry back the necessary length."
That would be news to about a dozen European converters using this platform. Maybe they should re-think their cabinetry.