Old 12-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

Default Portable Gas Grill

Can anyone recommend a brand/model of a small portable gas grill that can be used outside that will tap into the external gas outlet of the RV? Some of them say that low pressure 2.8kPa is recommended. We have a 2019 Pleasureway Plateau XLTS.

dentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman View Post
Can anyone recommend a brand/model of a small portable gas grill that can be used outside that will tap into the external gas outlet of the RV? Some of them say that low pressure 2.8kPa is recommended. We have a 2019 Pleasureway Plateau XLTS.
I think 2.8 kPa is just about 11 inches of water column (or just less than a half a psi which I belueve should be what the gas outlet on your PW should be. Ours is a 2019 Plateau and FL and its outlet is low pressure (I believe some RV's might have a high pressure quick disconnect in which cae you would need a bbq with a regulator - and high pressure hose.

Almost any portable BBQ can be set up to use on low pressure if it does not come so equipped.

I went to the trouble of converting out old portable Weber that we have used for years with our travel trailers for use on our new van.

But now I have done that I have decided against taking it anyway - it is large and messy to deal with - especially with less space in the van.

Instead I think I'll take along some of our newer innovations - sous vide, instant pot, convection hotplate, which we can use inside or out, with shore power or without, plus we have the cooktop in the van as well as convection microwave.

When I started to think about it, we lugged that BBQ around for so many miles and seldom used it more than once a week - if that.

As well, my guess is that out eating patterns might change a bit with the van. I am thinking we will likely eat out more and probably have main meals at lunch time more often with just a snack in the evening in the van. But if we want to cook up something special we can!

We'll see how it goes on our first long trip this winter. If we miss the bbq at all, I'll take it next time. We were planning to take all the other cooking equipt anyway so this will be one less item to find space for!

Brian.

(PS I did at one stage think about buying smaller BBQ for the van and found several nice stainless ones - one by Cammco and one by Kuumo I think was the name.)

<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:11 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Mine is a Camco I think? Amazon or Camping w]world has them. Perfect little stainless steel grill fits perfectly in the Travato outlet. We’ve grilled rack of Lamb, potatoes, Porterhouses, etc.
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Instead I think I'll take along some of our newer innovations - sous vide, instant pot, convection hotplate, which we can use inside or out, with shore power or without, plus we have the cooktop in the van as well as convection microwave.
What is a convection hotplate?
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
I suspect they meant induction hotplate. Or there is something new altogether unknown to me.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
my screw up - induction hotplate!
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #7

Default How about a Weber 1000?

Swapped out the regulator on Weber 1000 with appropriate adapter so the grill can be used with van's quick disconnect propane supply. This link is for a local supplier that I purchased hose and adapter from. It took me all of 20 min. to change it over. https://barbecuesgalore.ca/products/...cSCrwDTyEDfpEY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weber1000_IMG_3278.jpg (296.0 KB, 21 views)
breezeway95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #8
Silver Member

I love my induction burner..quick, safe, easy to store..gotta buy the correct pot/pans, can’t use just any...and my InstaPot (awesome) can be used indoors or out, plus my mini toaster oven..only 3 things needed..have a Cook-Air for grilling, but never use it..hence it has been left in garage for a while..
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
TC8
Bronze Member

I plug in a charbroil infrared gas grill. I was ready to remove regulator but not need to it works fine.

https://www.charbroil.com/portable-g...x200-gas-grill
TC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:02 PM   #10
Platinum Member

We use the Magma Grill, but it might not be as small as you wanted. It cooks evenly and is made from steel - we don't like cooking on painted surfaces or teflon coatings. I think you'll need to add their low volume gas valve.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1