Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Power by lithium

Our power went out last night, PG&E reported to resolve by 5am, truck showed up at 630am and left. Now updated to noon to repair. I plugged in my freezer,refridge, computer, coffee pot to the van inverter. Works fine.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
Our power went out last night, PG&E reported to resolve by 5am, truck showed up at 630am and left. Now updated to noon to repair. I plugged in my freezer,refridge, computer, coffee pot to the van inverter. Works fine.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Ages ago, when I was working on my Ford Transit build, one of the things I had in mind was the ability to run a cabin, or Heaven forbid, my current S&B place if there were ever a blackout, from the van.

Plug the stuff in, when the batteries hit 60% SoC, the generator would automatically fire up to get the batteries back to 90% SoC, and repeat. If the load is relatively heavy, hit the override switch and leave the generator on, so the generator does not have to get started/stopped as often.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote