Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #1

Default PW Excel TD

We are looking at getting a PW Excel on the Ford chasis in the near future. We looked at numerous models and makers this week and decided that the size and ammenities of the Excel is what we are looking for. As we currently have a great relationship with our local Ford dealer, that was the engine for us.

Our local dealer has 4 of the 2007 chasis coming in early dec, and I'm pretty sure they will all be sold by the end of the month. He mentioned that the new 2008 will have a lot of chrome on it, which will raise the price. We really are not interested in the exterior so the chrome doesn't make us feel like waiting for the newer model. Can any of you give me an ideal of what price I should negotiate for on the Excel on the 2007 chasis? I believe the sticker on the floor model suggested $76K with its setup. I'd like to know if we could possibly get a price below $70K?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Forum Lisa. You are our 250th member!

Forum member bushpilotmexico recently bought a new Excel. Why not send him a PM (Private Message) and see if he has any suggestions.

The highest discount off MSRP that I have seen posted re: Class B's is 21% off of a high end Sprinter model. That's really a lot.

I think 15% is more normal and 18% being about the max. Not every dealer will be able to give 15% off.

This site: http://www.willrepinc.com/ is loaded with info about Pleasure-Way RV's. They even have a MSRP calculator. You can build and price your unit. It's for 2008's but I think the current 2008 might still be on the 2007 Chassis.

Use this link: http://www.willrepinc.com/pleasure_way.html and scroll down to the bottom of that page and you'll see the 2008 Pleasure-Way MSRP link.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

2008 Ford - new look

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote