Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Question about the best Class B covers

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2000 Pleasure Way Class B and am looking into purchasing a cover for it. I would appreciate any feedback about the best cover to purchase. I was looking at the Goldline Class B Cover because it has a 5 year warranty.

Also, my Pleasure Way is 20'4'" with the spare tire. The Goldline cover that fits 18'-20' is 246" long (20'6"). Would this be too tight or should I get the 20'-22' cover that is 270" (22'6"). Would the larger one be too loose and flap in the breeze and cause wear to the outside of the van?

Thank you. I look forward to your expert opinions.
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Question about the best Class B covers

I wouldn't use a cover, I have before and learned the hard way. Unless you park it in an area with no wind and dust, the cover will damage the surface. Conduct a test, take a piece of cloth, put dirt on it and rub and beat the side of your RV for a few hours.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Probably best to call the manufacturer re: best sized cover for your van. The Goldline chart doesn't give a range (stretchiness) of lengths for each model number.

Covers are not that easy to put on.
You can add extra bungee cords to tighten the fit.
Covers are big when when unpacked.
I used to take the cover off well in advance of a trip when the cover was dry to make sure I wouldn't have to deal with a wet cover.
I didn't use a cover long enough to notice any paint damage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goldline-Class-B-Dimensions.jpg (23.7 KB, 350 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
Site Team

+1 Mojoman.

Covers are (a) a pain in the neck; (b) unnecessary; and (c) often harmful.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:47 AM   #5

I got the 20-22' one from Goldline for my 2013 PW Excel. It does not have a spare in the back, and that cover was way too long. In addition, it was way too long on the sides. They sent me one that was 96" on the sides. I returned it for the 18-20' version and correct side length. Still have plenty of room lengthwise, and the sides go to the ground, but can be raised by the straps.

I put a plastic tub over the antenna when I put it on so nothing gets caught. When you first get it, un-roll it and re-roll it inside facing down. If you fold in the sides and back, then roll half forward and half back, its not too hard to flop it on the roof and roll back/front-wise, and then push over the sides. I think its about 40 lbs. Stuffing in the bag isn't to bad if you just sit on it a few times to release air (from the cover).

Have had it on for two winters now and haven't noticed any scrapping or damage to the surface.

And its nice to uncover a clean unit when you're ready to roll. If it wasn't covered, I'd probably wash it constantly since I keep it in the back driveway.
jcridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote