Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1

Default Question re: fridge fan

Hello,

We have a dometic rm2333 under counter model fridge in our 1999 LTV freedom. I have the manual for that fridge AND the manual for the coach from LTV. NO WHERE does it mention a fridge fan, even though there's a rocker switch for it on the monitoring panel (see photo). The fan is mounted behind the unit, only visible when you remove the outside vent covers (see photos). My questions are, when am I supposed to be using this fridge fan? Always or under what circumstances?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrivenToAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenToAdventure View Post
Hello,

We have a dometic rm2333 under counter model fridge in our 1999 LTV freedom. I have the manual for that fridge AND the manual for the coach from LTV. NO WHERE does it mention a fridge fan, even though there's a rocker switch for it on the monitoring panel (see photo). The fan is mounted behind the unit, only visible when you remove the outside vent covers (see photos). My questions are, when am I supposed to be using this fridge fan? Always or under what circumstances?

Thanks in advance for your help!

By no means am I an expert here but do you know if it has a thermostat? If so, when the switch is on the fan should kick on when the refer compartment reaches a set temp. Usually 85 degrees. If no thermostat is present then you would turn the switch on when operating in high temp areas in an effort to move air over the fins. I'm sure someone with more experience will jump in. Travel safe, stay alert. Best. Shorty sends...

Blessed with way more than I deserve.
Shore-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Platinum Member

the more air the better- as above, most have a thermostatic switch...

but I have added 2 more fans which have a manual switch.

the challenge is balancing energy use so I switch off when moving or when it is cool out.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #4

Default Question re: fridge fan

I don't believe it has a thermostatic switch as I turned it on and it ran constantly. Does anyone have a pic of the thermostatic switch? I can hunt around in there for one!

DrivenToAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
the more air the better- as above, most have a thermostatic switch...

but I have added 2 more fans which have a manual switch.

the challenge is balancing energy use so I switch off when moving or when it is cool out.

Mike
Roger all.

I just added one to the external compartment with a thermo and am seriously thinking about adding a second one on a separate circuit (e.g. manual).

Best. Shorty (aka Shore-T) sends...

Old 07-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenToAdventure View Post
I don't believe it has a thermostatic switch as I turned it on and it ran constantly. Does anyone have a pic of the thermostatic switch? I can hunt around in there for one!

Without knowing if there is a thermo, the constant running might be due to the inside temp/ambient air temp trigering the thermo. Look around the pipping (I don't know the technical names of same) running behind the frig and inside of the frig compartment. Also look around the wiring harness as some thermos just hang there and are not attached to any piping (like the one I recently installed). Gosh for your sake I hope some one with more knowledge comes along... Either way if it's hot and you can spare the power run the fan. Just my humble opinion.