Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Re: 2010 Chevrolet Express V8

Wonder if anyone with a 2010 Chevrolet RoadTrek has received the following notice.

I received a notice, (letter) today from Chevrolet stating the following:

This letter is intended to make you aware that some 2010 model year Chevrolet Express vehicles, equipped with a V8 engine, may have a condition where the throttle position sensor may cause the engine to run rough and cause the malfunction indicator lamp and/or an Engine Reduced Power message to illuminate. If the occurs, it could result in reduced engine power.

General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired at no charge.

Note:

I have had this problem since I owned our RoadTrek, does not occur all the time, I have complained to General Motors about my problem. Today I was surprise to receive the letter.

There is more to the letter, I cut it short, will be contacting my local Chevrolet dealer.
FMCA:303873 ~K1RRC~ RRRCRT@aol.com
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Re: 2010 Chevrolet Express V8

Ron; I'm curious what motor this applies to. Ours is 5.7liter (350ci) 2002 model.
We had problem (intermittent) with not starting, not idleing &/or dying at low RPM.
Although no check engine light comes on or no codes shown.
Have suspected throttle position sensor, but unable to trace to that and we've had replaced something called an "idle control motor" (not sure if that was really the problem.) But, it ran fine during our long excursion to Alaska this summer.
And of course I've not recv'd anything from GM either - probably out of date anyway.
I'll be interested in any further information you or others have on this.
Thnx. Ric. in Ariz.
AZ ADVenturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Re: Re: 2010 Chevrolet Express V8

Ric,

Letters were sent to owners of the 2010 model year Chevrolet Express with the V8 Engine. I will be going to the Chevrolet dealership, what they say or do I will post.

Ron
Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #4

We have received the notice, but have not had any problems. We'll hang onto the letter and if anything develops we'll take the vehicle to the dealer to have the issue addressed.

AandB
AandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #5
Ron
Platinum Member

Took my 2010 Chevy/RoadTrek to my local Chevrolet dealer, they installed a new Throttle Position Sensor in my vehicle as I had the problem were the engine would run rough and reducing power in the engine.

Chevrolet did mail out Notification Notices regarding the 2010 Chevrolet Express Vehicles with a V-8 Engine as some may have a problem where the Throttle Position Sensor may cause the engine to run rough and reducing the power in the engine.

Ron