Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Reasons to Buy a Pleasure-Way

Note: I have no affiliation at all with Pleasure-Way. I'm on their e-mail list & have been getting these One More Reason to Buy a Pleasure-Way emails which I think are a very clever way to highlight their offerings.

Videos can been seen here: https://www.youtube.com/user/pleasureway/videos

Quote:
THE SCIENCE OF SLEEPING
Three-tiered memory foam
Pleasure-Way takes a three-tiered approach to ensure your good night’s sleep. We combine a base layer of medium density foam topped with a minimum three inches of visco-elastic memory foam, which is further topped with Dacron helping insulate the foam resulting in a cooler bed and smoother Ultraleather® finish. Visco-elastic memory foam conforms to your individual curves to relieve pressure points. Imagine being completely supported and embraced as you sleep. Rather than sleeping on your side and feeling pressure on your shoulders, hips and knees, imagine being comfortably supported on a perfect surface that supports and conforms to all parts of your body. Pressure points are eliminated as they become evenly distributed across your side. You spend a third of your life sleeping, so don’t settle for anything less than the best quality sleep.
Quote:
THE LEXOR - BUILT ON THE PROMASTER CHASSIS
Unobstructed Passenger Side View
By keeping the passenger side free of full length wall partitions Pleasure-Way has created a wide open and spacious feeling inside the Lexor. This unobstructed view also improves safety by offering a better view while lane changing.
Quote:
Fibreglass Running Boards
At Pleasure-Way we install hand fit fibreglass running boards on all our Lexor motorhomes. Not only do they provide sure footing into and out of your Class B, but they also create a clean finished look and sport styling. The running boards complete the profile of the coach while hiding any unsightly components hanging down from under the coach.
Quote:
Pleasure-Way:
It's in the details - Corian
This video provides a closer look at the labour intensive process of crafting the Corian surfaces found in our motorhomes. The CNC router starts the process by cutting the initial shape of each piece. We then hand-sand the entire surface of the Corian, ensuring no area is left untouched. In order to achieve the finest results we sand each piece three separate times, varying the degree of sandpaper grit for each session.

The Corian surfaces are finished with two intense sessions of hand polishing. This is an integral step in producing the deep and rich finished product. On average, we spend a total of sixteen hours hand-sanding and polishing the Corian surfaces for each motorhome.
Quote:
QUALITY CABINETRY
Laminate vs Paper Wrap
Wood grained paper wrapped wood products are very common in the RV Industry. It is an inexpensive way to look great but over time the paper can fade, shrink, peel, tear and bubble.

Pleasure-Way uses wood grained laminate by well-known brands such as Wilsonart. Pleasure-Way bonds the laminate to the plywood sub straight to create the cabinetry boxes, wall partitions and face frames just to name a few. Laminate is commonly used in household countertops because of its strength, durability and long lasting quality. Using laminates is a greater expense and more labor intensive but it helps us achieve the high quality standard we set for ourselves.
Quote:
Pleasure-Way:
It's in the details - Flooring

This video provides a closer look at the lengthy procedure we go through to provide a solid, stable and squeak-free floor. We start by laying the CNC routed plywood sub-floor, which fits the flooring footprint of each motorhome exactly with interlocking pieces. The sub-floor is secured in place using screws, ensuring its stability and strength. We then fill every screw hole and seam made from this process, which is followed by a final sanding to leave the sub-floor smooth with no imperfections.

It is only once this standard has been achieved that the carpet and linoleum is glued into place. The last step in the process is laying a fine bead of silicone at all points where the linoleum meets the lower cabinetry. This ensure no moisture will seep under and damage the sub-floor.
Quote:
A 3-Source 3-Way Fridge
Class B RV’s fridges are not created equal. It’s important to know whether you have a single source (12 volt fridge) , a dual source 2 way fridge ( 12 volt and 110V) or like all Pleasure-Way motorhomes, a three source three way fridge featuring , Propane, 110Volt and 12 Volt. Pleasure-Way only uses brand name fridges that can be serviced by most RV dealers. Be aware of single source fridges such as 12 volt only, you do not want to limit the most important appliance in your motorhome to just a single source of power.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

I like the PW Corian counter better than RT granite counter.

PW cabinet is a tad better built than RT.

I like the PW layout, with windows on the passenger side.

I like the RT expandable bathroom door.

I like Volt-Start and underhood generator.

RT has the XL option.

I like RT color matched bumpers.

I prefer RT macerator over PW gravity fed.
Maybe the Hymer cassette is even better?

I like RT undercarriage spare tire over the PW rear mount.

I like the PW awning style windows.

The RT hydraulic in floor heating might be an overkill.

I am still shopping.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:54 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
I like RT color matched bumpers.
They're an option on the PW.

Quote:
The RT hydraulic in floor heating might be an overkill.
I grew up in a house that had heat in the floors. There's nothing better than warm toes at night or in the morning when you walk around barefoot or in slippers. I have no idea how well the RT system works, however.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The Alde heated floors seem to get good reviews from the Roadtrek owners...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #5
Platinum Member

No more problems being reported?
Old 06-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
Platinum Member

There have been Alde issues in the past but currently the solutions seem to be well understood, most common problem is air in the lines but the purge methods seem to be effective. The new diesel Alde seems to be debugged. There are some redesigns in new builds to address some of the prior issues with getting enough heat from the system. New deliveries seem pretty trouble free with air purging required in some cases.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
Platinum Member

That's good news!
Old 06-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Has anyone seen any information about the lithium batteries they are now using in, I think, all their vans? The sales guys we saw at the RV show in February didn't know anything about it or where to get the information.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #9
Platinum Member

They appear to be drop in lithium maybe a Smart or Stark and I had read somewhere they changed the charger to match the lithiums.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
They appear to be drop in lithium maybe a Smart or Stark and I had read somewhere they changed the charger to match the lithiums.
That is what I would expect, also, I think. They probably have basically what Wincrasher has put into his Travato. Drop in batteries and PD fixed voltage, non cutoff, charger. I hope they added a battery meter, but I didn't see one in the van at the show.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I like the idea of drop in replacement batteries. It gives owners or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th owners options in the future.

One constant in the B world is that things change.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:37 PM   #12
Platinum Member

It would be nice if a battery state of charge meter was available with the lithium options it I think only ARV has one at the moment, may be coming on the new release of Coach Connect from Roadtrek, we will see.