Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Recommend RV Tech in Northern California for new member

New forum member catwalk wrote this in an email:

Quote:
I am thinking about converting a GMC Savana Starcraft 5 star conversion into a camper/conversion. well at least adding a sink and refrigerator and if possible a little stove top. The stove top I picked up by accident...it is a glass top 2 burner...anyway I was just wondering if you knew anyone in Nor. California who is familiar with doing such work...I am also having a little bit of an electrical short going on. So I guess this is a good a time as any to start replacing things right? Do you know if adding the second battery system is a huge deal on one of these? It is always so much better to get a word of mouth referral for a good craftsman than to gamble on a walk in. Hope you or one of the other members has a name or two to offer.

Thanks and It's nice to join your site,
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Recommend RV Tech in Northern California for new member

I was hoping someone would have a recommendation for you. You could try your question on the Class B section of RV.net - http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea ... rum/21.cfm

I'd definitely get a professional to install propane if that is what is needed for your stove.

Adding a second house battery is not difficult. Consider having it mounted to the van frame if there isn't a compartment available.

I mounted two of these trays:

for extra batteries.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote