Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default recreation.gov

Anybody tried making reservations on recreation.gov lately? I have made two reservations in the last week --both for next May and June (within the six month limit). I found this site to work very well for my uses in the past few years but not now!

The "new improved website" apparently wasn't tested too well before going live. It jammed on me, dropped half my entries and took me over thirty minutes this morning to make a simple reservation for a site. I have tried this on three different devices (Windows 7 PC, Windows 10 PC and ATT IPad) with the same poor performance on all three. I used the ATT Cellular on my IPad, and two other cable ISPs on the two PCs and experienced the same jamming, failing and general poor performance on all three.

A quick google search and I found others complaining as well. The last time I called customer service (last fall) I timed the call for over fifteen minutes due to "unusually high demand" before being taken off of hold.

Being an old ignert OKie, I may no longer be smart enough to use the site effectively, or just maybe someone forgot about Beta testing and normal procedure for website changes. I found the previous version to work pretty flawlessly. If it ain't broke................
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Don't you hate when they make the users the "beta" testers.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Exclamation

I have tied this site several times over the last 10 or so years. I have NEVER been able to get satisfactory results. If there is any glitch known to man that hasn't happened in my dealings with it, I would be amazed. This is the worst travesty ever inflicted on the taxpayers of this country. It is so bad that I no longer try to access it. I found a listing with maps and phone numbers for COE campgrounds and that has made access to these campgrounds possible.
604eholston@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #4

Default Please share

Can you please share the link for the COE sites?
KBMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Did I say that I got them via the internet? Oops, no, I got them from the Corp of Engineers district office, I believe in Cartersville, GA. I would think that a search on the internet for the government printing office would yield a source. Unfortunately, I do not have access to these maps right now. There are 5 or 6 maps, each of a section of the USA.
604eholston@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote