Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 02:34 AM   #1

Default Removable shower/toilet/sink?

Hi All,

Buying a van (Transit or ProMaster TBD) to use for my main auto, some light hauling and some touring.

I'd like to be able to outfit it with a shower/toilet/sink, but I don't want it all the time.

I'm picturing something maybe on a pallet that I can load in via the side door just when I want to use it for touring.

I can't find anything like this online, but I'm a total newbie to conversions so I'm not really familiar with what to call it, where to look, etc.

Is this done?

PP
PromasterPondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:03 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Removable shower/toilet/sink?

check out a "Cassette Toilet".

most of our purpose built B's have showers ( in and out) hot water heaters, a water pump, some kind of a shower pan with a drain to a grey water tank.
so it's kinda involved- gas for hot water, electricity for the pump..and tanks for fresh and grey water

for occasional use, I'd suggest the camp shower...put water in it, lay it in the sun...and plenty campgrounds have showers, as do truck stops.

camp shower is also good for washing hands, use any basin/bowl for a sink.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:52 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I once found a website to a guy like Moorhead who built modular units for Sprinters. They could be pulled out. Unfortunately that computer died along with the link.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Check out Sportsmobile http://www.sportsmobile.com for ideas. The toy-hauler concept shown in the gallery might work for you.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I saw some folding sinks on an Australian site... I linked it on my Transit build I'm working on, and this might be just what you need. As for a toilet, perhaps a portable unit?
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:07 AM   #6
Platinum Member

You say you'd put it on a pallet, do you have a forklift? If not then weight is going to be a big concern.

You could put a cassette toilet and sink on a pallet quite easily. The shower is an issue since you need an enclosure. If you can work with fibreglass you could build a shower enclosure.

However I think it would all just be easier as modular units. A standalone cassette toilet that could be placed anywhere. A small cabinet with a sink, water tank and a 12v pump.

If you wanted to do the shower inside you need a water supply, a water heater, the enclosure, plumbing and a waste tank. So I looked a little bit on Youtube. And I found a few videos of DIY showers.

Shower stall, pretty cheap.
Shower head, strange but also cheap.
Really neat shower head unit.

You still need warm/hot water though.

Mr Heater Base Camp Aqua Cube. Runs on propane, so caution must be used when using it in an enclosed space!
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:15 PM   #7

You should check out the RinseKit PRO and Auto-Nozzle. The RinseKit PRO is a great portable shower, and the Auto Nozzle turns it into a touchless portable sink. I have one and it is great for cooking at the campsite. Here's a little video of it:

tacomabro52 is offline   Reply With Quote