Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #1

Default Replacing Rialta Carpeting with other flooring

We have a 2005 Winnebago Rialta and would like to replace the carpeting with a different kind of flooring, not carpet. We live in NW Colorado and would appreciate hearing from any Rialta owners who have done this and know where we can go to have someone do the work for us. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #2
Bronze Member

We pondered this come for our 2004 Rialta. The biggest problem is that the carpet runs UNDER everything else. What we finally did was to have a carpet cleaner do a really good job of making the carpets like new. Then after a thorough drying period in summer heat we bought the clear office mats they have for running under office chairs (about $30 each) and cut them to exactly fit each area. Worked perfectly.
Weroadtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #3

Thank you. We’ve had the carpets cleaned by a carpet cleaner before, are really wanting to change the look.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I replaced my carpets with cork flooring by myself. I have lots of photos of what was involved. Check under photos for my album for my 2004 HD. The floor has ridges that need to be filled with luan boards (thin wood) so the floor is smooth and level. To replace with new carpet, check with carpet installers.

MLogan
Formerly 2004 HD
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
Silver Member

go to the Rialta io groups and search for flooring. Many people have replaced the carpeting with laminate, vinyl plank or cork type of flooring.
https://groups.io/g/Rialta-Tech/topics

Robert
rtsukijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I used the plastic office mat solution also for the storage space under the bed. Works great.
soohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus22 View Post
We have a 2005 Winnebago Rialta and would like to replace the carpeting with a different kind of flooring, not carpet. We live in NW Colorado and would appreciate hearing from any Rialta owners who have done this and know where we can go to have someone do the work for us. Thank you!
We live in Steamboat Springs and had our carpet replaced at a flooring store. If you live close to Steamboat I would be glad to show you the install.
Gordon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #8

I realize that this is an old thread, but for anyone else searching this topic, my then 10-year-old son and I removed and replaced the carpet in an old Rialta and it worked out GREAT. We used flooring from Home Depot that can get wet without being ruined, and it looked absolutely fantastic. It was nice to get old moldy dirty carpeting out of the rig.
JAJJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus22 View Post
Replaced ours with click-install floating floor and never looked back. Prep is the most work and a high-quality underlay is important. Trim is more expensive than the flooring. Photos available on request or check out the Rialta groups on Yahoo and Groups.io... I posted pictures there.
Polo is offline   Reply With Quote